[SOLVED] Logitech G Hub installation issues

Mar 7, 2020
I'm unable to complete the install of the Logitech G Hub that I need to change the functions and colors on my Logitech G910 keyboard.

The error message I'm getting is :

G HUB Update

The wait operation timed out. (this happens within seconds of me launching the install)

When you are ready, update G HUB again and allow Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to install.

I don't have an option to even allow Microsoft Visual C++ to install. I download the software, install, and then get this error message. That's it.

Any ideas?

Solution
Sorry for late reply. Windows 7 itself shouldn't affect the install. Any errors listed under system in the Event Viewer? Any kind of AV software blocking the install? May be worth a try to change windows UAC settings temporarily to see if that's blocking somehow. Any older versions available for download? It could be a bug with your particular setup and newest version of Ghub, as others have installation issues as well.
Mar 7, 2020
Are you using the admin account for installation? Any recent malware scans? Any listing in event viewer once the timeouts occur?

Yes, I just did a Run as Administrator and still the same thing. I have no malware...that is constantly scanned.

I don't know where event viewer is located to view the report.

Mar 7, 2020
I'm using Windows 7. I haven't switched over yet, but that shouldn't affect it's the ability to run, right?

When I go to EventViewer it says it's an application error and .NET runtime. Inside of those notices is a lot of stuff I don't understand.

Sorry for late reply. Windows 7 itself shouldn't affect the install. Any errors listed under system in the Event Viewer? Any kind of AV software blocking the install? May be worth a try to change windows UAC settings temporarily to see if that's blocking somehow. Any older versions available for download? It could be a bug with your particular setup and newest version of Ghub, as others have installation issues as well.

Solution
Mar 16, 2020
  1. Uninstall logitech Option through unistaller.exe located in the folder C: \ Program Files \ LGHUB (or with RevoUninstaller)
  2. Verify that the uninstallation has removed all the contents also from the folder C: \ ProgramData \ LGHUB
  3. Restart Windows 10 in safe mode with "network" (essential)
  4. Install logitech Options allowing the sending of analysis data.
  5. Log in to the logitech account (I already had one, otherwise "try" to create a new one. This point was, for me, fundamental. As without logging in, I could not find any device.)
  6. Restart in normal mode. Done!!!
Все благодарности Lorenzo Cianchelli