Question Logitech G110 audio/mic jacks switched roles all of a sudden

DiscRover

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
As the title says, just today as I was browsing the web, my audio cut out yet my PC still detected the speakers however there was no more sound to be heard (windows audio mixer was still activating from sound whenever I pinged the volume). After some fiddling, I unplugged my buds from the audio port and inserted them into the mic port on my G110 and I got audio back. What gives? Is my old keyboard on its way out or something screwy just happened with the sound card? Everything else seems to work fine atm. Lights, G-keys, keystrokes, numpad etc

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. Uninstall the Logitech G app from your platform as well as uninstalling the keyboard from Device manager, assuming you're on Windows 10. Make and model of your earbuds?

DiscRover

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Check and see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. Uninstall the Logitech G app from your platform as well as uninstalling the keyboard from Device manager, assuming you're on Windows 10. Make and model of your earbuds?

I am on Windows 10. Also tried rebooting my PC and it's still like that.

Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 earbuds. Never had this problem ever occur before and I've used this keyboard for.....over 8 years now?

I doubt the problem would be a BIOS thing and the Gaming Software application hardly utilizes the keyboard minus the macro buttons. I can try switching USB ports?

Last edited: