Logitech G19 to new keyboard

manlee06

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Hi, I have been a long time user Logitech keyboard user. I have gone from using a Logitech G15 to a Logitech G19. Always a fan of the character illuminated keys, USB pass-through ports, macro keys, windows gaming switch and audio controls.

logitech_g19_03.jpg

I recently purchased a Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum after briefly skimming through the new highlights and pictures and figured it would have similar features as the two previous keyboards. I have come to find that there are no USB pass-through ports, the LCD screen has been replaced by a ARX Docking tray for your phone that does not support a charger or slot for a mini-usb cable, less macro keys and the mechanical keys are a fair bit noisier and have an echo to them. One thing that I do like about the Orion Spectrum is the RGB lighting, Logitech gaming software, general layout and design of Logitech keyboards and the ARX system is probably better then a LCD screen given it had a way to actually 'dock' your phone on it.

g910-orion-spectrum-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Things that I need on a keyboard:
-Character illuminated keys either RGB or Blue (would prefer character only and not keyboard interior)
-Not so noisy keys (silicone rubber pads seem to be the best from what I have found)
-At least 2 USB pass-through ports (use HOTAS frequently)
-Not so extruding chassis
-Windows gaming key/switch

Things that I would like on a keyboard:
-Gaming software or lighting software
-Either LCD screen or phone integration with charging or a clock if that has ever been done (would prefer anti-glare clock)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I went from a Razer Blackwidow to a G910 Orion Spark and its actually quieter

Does keyboard need to be mechanical as many of those will be louder than the G910

USB is a pain but I got used to it. ARX seems more a gimmick than a useful feature, even if you put phone in the cradle and have it linked to the PC. G910 isn't cheap enough for me to think, I need a better keyboard for those features to shoot it down. I like my custom color scheme.

I don't have any ideas about keyboards, Just thought I ask about mechanical.

manlee06

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
I much prefer the G19 to the G910 Orion Spectrum and the Orion Spark looks almost identical in features and design. $180 for some RGB customization is not worth it to me and going from silicone rubber to mechanical keys just makes it more noisy.

Funny how you can still find the G19 available for $200 which is what it was priced at on release.