Logitech G203 or SteelSeries Rival 110

yandog1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
[Moderator note: edited post to break up wall of text.]

Hey everyone, the mouse I currently have is a G9x from logitech with an Avago S9500 sensor. I've had it for over 7 years now and it's been working wonders, until now.

In games the mouse will randomly disconnect and reconnect for like 2 seconds everytime I make a quick movement like turning 180 degrees really fast. I use pretty low sensitivity so I lift the mouse quite a lot, that's when it seems to disconnect a lot of the time.

It's also worth noting that the cable is braided and that over time the nylon or whatever it is has started to come apart, so around 1|3rd of the cable (middle) is normal rubber cable and the rest has nylon over it : with the cable going from left (mouse) to right (pc) it kinda looks like this : braided-rubber-braided.The cable itself isn't damaged, no wires are exposed.

Everytime I lift the mouse and move it in a certain position it stays disconnected, if I hold it that way for around 5 seconds a message from windows 10 eventually comes up, saying that the last usb device that i connected malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.

When i place it back down on my mousepad it reconnects. The physical state of the mouse determining if it works or not makes me think it's surely a hardware issue and not a software issue.

I have latest firmware, tried every port, disabled the ability for my computer to disable the usb ports etc.... but nothing works. I thought maybe the cable got damaged inside so I looked for cables online and they are only like 5 bucks, the only thing that sucks is that I have to take apart the whole mouse to do that and I don't want to lol.

So I'm in the market for a new mouse, nothing expensive and the two that caught my eye were the g203 and the ss rival 110. I would have paid extra and gone for a g303 but I can't find it ANYWHERE (I'm in Luxembourg btw). The g203 and rival 110 both have great sensors and aren't heavy, I prefer rgb on g203 lol but I don't know which shape I prefer and unfortunetly I can't try them out to see which one I prefer. I use a mix between claw grip and fingertip grip.

Thanks in advance.