Logitech G400 mouse problem

Squickly

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello. I had no idea where to put this question, so I thought this would be most appropiate part of the forum. Anyway, the problem I have started encountering since few days ago is about my Logitech G400 mouse. I have bought that mice like 9 months ago, so it's basically still like new.
Few days ago it just started to stop working/reacting for a few seconds (4-5sec.) and then it starts to work again, mostly when im playing some games, which is really annoying to have your mouse inactive in that time while doing something important.

At first I thought it was the USB port or cable, but it is not. Otherwise the red light (laser) under mouse would turn off aswell. Now I'm thinking maybe it's driver? But I have no idea where to download the drivers for this mouse. Or the problem might be something else?

Has anyone encountered such problems or at least knew of any incidents like this?

Additional info: I had reinstalled system, fresh Windows 7, and in first few days it was all ok, but now it started again to turn off/on.

Have you tried it in another port?

I have a mouse(not the G400) that does not work properly in one of my USB ports which happens to be the same port I plug a USB camera into regularly is why I ask. I gave up on figuring out why and have just accepted using a different USB port for it.

This is a wired USB LASER mouse also and its beam is not interrupted when it is failing.... just saying.

Squickly

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Nah, it's not the port, I have tried that already switching ports, got around 6 of them on the PC Case.

And I already mentioned that after I reinstalled system, fresh one, it was all ok .... but for a few days.

Which means it can't be hardware problem, only on some software base.

flyz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
This is THE most common problem with the G400. The cable on this mouse is thinner and flimsier than its predecessor, the MX518. If you're getting that USB connection/disconnection sound, then it is more than likely that the connection to the mouse is getting severed by the cable. Try bending and pushing the cable around and see if that fixes the connection. If it does then that is almost certainly the problem. The mouse has a 3 year warranty so Logitech will replace it free. Their customer service is pretty good and no hassle and they won't even ask for the mouse back.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/ask/section/contact

I got this mouse recently as a replacement and I'm worried the same thing's going to happen to me. From what I've read, this problem has been around for awhile but Logitech doesn't seem to care. How much more would it cost to make a better cable? Can't believe how far Logitech's quality has fallen. On the plus side, this is by far the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

flyz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

There's nothing you can do except use the warranty to get a replacement. I suggest you call their customer support instead of doing it online. It'll be a lot faster. I experienced this same exact problem with my G400 about 2 weeks ago and I called and got a replacement. I rarely ever touched the cable and the mouse still only lasted a year and a half. That is pretty weak.

They sent me the updated model, the G400s. The cable is the same thin flimsy size but they added a little rubber reinforcement where the cable comes out of the mouse so maybe this model will last longer.