Question Logitech G400s vs Razer DeathAdder Elite?

HimanshuVikal

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have a very old Logitech G400s mouse (about 6 years I think) which has begin failing mid games (Overwatch). It hangs for a second every now and then. Some days more than usual some days less. I am thinking of getting a new mouse. DeathAdder Elite is one of the options along with DeathAdder V2. Later being too expensive for me right now. So I was just wondering how does G400s compare with Elite? Is the sensor on Elite better since its a newer mouse? Also I was not sure if going for a DeathAdder is a good choice because the shape is slightly different than G400s.

Let me know if I left some info out by mistake or if there's anything you would like to know more about my situation if that helps you help me better.
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Just out of curiosity, have you tried using another version of Logitech's Gaming Software app that manages the profiles on your system? It might need a second look to see if the issue is found on a donor system to rule the issue out as a hardware failure by the mouse.

That being said, I'd stay away from Razer branded peripherals. I've used them a lot in the past but quickly learned that it's just a name people go to due to the hype and marketing/advertising. I'd ask you to look at Logitech again or perhaps Corsair or SteelSeries even.

If you're still interested in buying a new mouse, to retire the veteran, then include a budget, a preferred site for purchase and your location so we know what to hunt for.

Reactions: HimanshuVikal

HimanshuVikal

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2012
Just out of curiosity, have you tried using another version of Logitech's Gaming Software app that manages the profiles on your system? It might need a second look to see if the issue is found on a donor system to rule the issue out as a hardware failure by the mouse.

That being said, I'd stay away from Razer branded peripherals. I've used them a lot in the past but quickly learned that it's just a name people go to due to the hype and marketing/advertising. I'd ask you to look at Logitech again or perhaps Corsair or SteelSeries even.

If you're still interested in buying a new mouse, to retire the veteran, then include a budget, a preferred site for purchase and your location so we know what to hunt for.

A different version? It updates automatically but I have not tried to uninstall-reinstall method. I'll do that and post the results. Or you talking about different softwares?

I'd say my budget is under $50. In Indian Rupees it would be 3,000 Rs but because of import taxes it will go up to 5,000 Rs. I'd be buying from Amazon.in

HimanshuVikal

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2012

No uninstalling/reinstalling didn't stop the mouse from freezing. It lowered it but I think that's just random.

Jun 29, 2022

I don't think Razer is all hype and has no good hardware to back it up. Beats is the definition of that, but for headphones. I don't think Razer is the peripheral manufacturer version of Beats. Razer actually has good stuff, like I have the DeathAdder v2 and I got it for $24, it's better than the Logitech G203 that goes for $23.50.