[SOLVED] Logitech G403 Hero - Holding down left click releases randomly then registers again

Varnoxium

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
Hey all -

I have a Logitech G403 Hero that I game with everyday. It's really ergonomic and frankly I wouldn't see myself using any other mouse, until a week ago where my mouse started to have issues with the left click button. What happens is if I'm playing something like an FPS game, whenever I hold down my left click button to spray, it'll register for 1 second and then I guess de-registers, and then goes back to being registered, so basically it's not consistent at all whenever I'm holding down my left click button. Another example would be moving tabs over to another monitor, where as when I'm dragging the tab over to my second monitor so I can look at it on the side, it'll just stop in the middle of both monitors because my mouse has decided to register as being released early, and then half a second later it'll register as to being held down again even though I had my finger pinning down the left click button the entire time. Occasionally during the day, it'll decide that it wants to function properly, and it'll drag and hold down completely fine for about a few minutes until it goes back to being really spotty again. I really don't know what to do. I'm not so sure how to uninstall and reinstall mouse drivers is software is the issue, or there's dust inside of my mouse that I'm unaware of, or if there's something that's damaged inside of my mouse. This has been getting on my nerves, and I just want some sort of answer regarding this issue because I don't really see any other article that really talks about it besides one in the Blizzard forums talking about the same thing, but there's no definitive answer in the thread.

I would really appreciate an answer asap because I really can't handle this any further, but really anything helps. :)

Solution
Sounds like the button is faulty, if you can find a replacement switch for it then you can replace it and see if that works, or replace the mouse if it's out of warranty.