Question Logitech G413 keyboard not working properly ?

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
My Logitech G413 has been acting strangely recently. Preceding the event of my entire pc slowing down to the point where I had to reinstall windows, my G413 had and still has this issue, where about every 10 seconds or so, the inputs will stop working for a few seconds, and then it will spam whatever the last input I put. For example, if it decides to conk out and the last letter I typed was "s", it will spam "s" for a short period of time, before returning to normal. My backup keyboard, however, works absolutely fine, with 0 issues. Any ideas on why my G413 is acting strange? I only got it like, 2 or 3 months ago and I think I treat it pretty well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If it happens on a clean install it shouldn't be a conflict between other software but worth a try

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Try installing G Hub and check if there is a firrmware update for Keyboard

If it was always same key, I would suggest cleaning keyboard caps, could be dust/hair in them , that is enough to make keys stick - I had a G910, it used to collect all my hair under keycaps, would take them off every few months and clean it. Using a new Corsair K70 RGB Mk2 keyboard now, that problem hasn't started yet, but its not that old.

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
If it happens on a clean install it shouldn't be a conflict between other software but worth a try

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Try installing G Hub and check if there is a firrmware update for Keyboard

If it was always same key, I would suggest cleaning keyboard caps, could be dust/hair in them , that is enough to make keys stick - I had a G910, it used to collect all my hair under keycaps, would take them off every few months and clean it. Using a new Corsair K70 RGB Mk2 keyboard now, that problem hasn't started yet, but its not that old.
Already tried a fresh install, already tried G Hub, and it isn't just one or two keys that is the problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try clean boot? its not the same as a clean install, it just stops all non Microsoft programs from running at start up. See if its a conflict.

Could just be a bad example of the keyboard, it could be faulty - you might want to contact Logitech & get a replacement, since backup keyboard works fine. That should show its the keyboard, and not the PC

Ethonodon

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
did you try clean boot? its not the same as a clean install, it just stops all non Microsoft programs from running at start up. See if its a conflict.

Could just be a bad example of the keyboard, it could be faulty - you might want to contact Logitech & get a replacement, since backup keyboard works fine. That should show its the keyboard, and not the PC
I didn't try a clean boot, but I essentially nuked my entire pc and reset it, so I'd think that nuking my entire pc would do anything that a clean boot would. I also contacted Logitech, but their response was slow & unhelpful. I believe I have a 2 year warranty on it though, so I may just try to get it replaced.