Logitech G430 Mic Volume Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtued

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
Hi there, just hoping some people that are more knowledgeable could help me out. Essentially I have my headset mic set to 100, which is fine other than the fact my friends can always here people sneezing downstairs or when I eat food they describe it as one of those ASMR videos where I'm biting into a cucumber or something ridiculous. The problem arises when I turn it down from 100 to even 99, apparently they can just hear a faint voice and barely make out what I'm saying, not a clue where the problem lies but was hoping someone did.

Thanks a lot, lmk if you need any more information to help me out.

- Virtued

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I only just got one of these for my son, and we've played with it a little.

What we've had to do is go to the PLAYBACK devices and under Levels, move the mic down to 0 AND click the mute button (yes, the mic is listed under playback devices as well as recording devices)

I think under RECORDING devices, Levels, we set it somewhere in the 60s.

Speaking from literally no more than an hour's experience, though.

Virtued

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Oh right, thanks for that but unfortunately in my Playback Devices there is no microphone registered so I can't mute anything. Not sure as to why yours shows up there but cheers anyway.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
To clarify, the mic shows up under both Playback and Recording, almost as if the OS was treating it as two separate devices.

Windows Settings -> System -> Sound -> Related Settings -> Sound Control Panel

The only reason I even knew to look there was due to a number of comments I'd read (and having suffered through the same problem at first) of whatever gets picked up by the mic getting played back through the headset.

If it's not there for you, that might be a blessing in disguise, but also unusual based on the various comments I read while trying to solve the echo-back problem.

Virtued

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Nope, can't find it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.