[SOLVED] Logitech g430 vs Turtle Beach Recon 320

microtechsteve

Prominent
Jun 26, 2018
I'm thinking of buying a gaming headset and have two options. Logitech g430 or Turtle Beach Recon 320? Sound quality is my main priority. I don't care if the headset is fragile or the build quality is a bit lackluster.

bmw-vision

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
I haven't tried the turtle beaches, but the logitech headset is a solidly build headset. Sound is slightly muddy with too much emphasise on bass, but an eq will mostly correct this. The only reason I got rid of them was that you couldn't adjust the mic enough so it always resulted in unclear/quiet mic inputs.
I can solidly reccomend the kingston cloud series of headsets. Sound wise, they don't have heaps of bass, with an emphasise on treble for a competitive sound staging.

bryceberger

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Logitech g430 are great, but recently I have been using the Razer Kraken Pro v2.0 are way better. Fit much better around the head and ears and also the mic has very nice sound and background noise cancelling is very apparent when playing with other in game. But if you are stuck between the two the Logitech g430 is the best option.

https://www.amazon.com/RAZER-KRAKEN-PRO-Lightweight-Line/dp/B01LWOKH7C

Solution