Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach Murphy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
I did a decent amount of research about this mouse before i decided to ask for it for Christmas, everything I read/heard was that it was an amazing mouse so I was really looking forward to getting it, the only problem is now that I have it it doesn't work. It lights up when I boot up my PC and that's it. Once the PC is actually on and running it ceases to work, no lights no nothing. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've already tried downloading logitechs software and what not.

Solution
ok. try this

1) in control panel - > device manager = uninstall all mouse related drivers
2) detect new hardware
3) stop it from installing drivers (it should be a yellow "!" in the device manager now)
4) download the software from logitech located at this address, matching your OS. Make certain you get the version that matches no only the version of windows but matching if it's 64bit or 32bit.
http://support.logitech.com/product/11383
5) run the install program as an administrator

if it doesn't work after that...
6) check the device manager and see if the mouse is still highlighted with a yellow "!"
7) if it is, right click on the device and select install driver
-chose to "browse your computer for the driver"
-then chose "let me...
sounds like a drive issue. if it's working in your bios and before windows loads, then stops working when you get into windows i'd say its a driver problem.

Manually install the drivers.

go into the device manager, highlight whever mouse it has installed and uninstall it.
detect new hardware
when it detects the mouse chose to "browse your computer for the driver"
then chose "let me pick from a list of devices"
chose mouse
chose logitec
if the mouse modle is there install it, if it is not listed, select "have disk"
chose the location of your downloaded drivers (this will work if they're in a zip, just extract the zip somewhere and navigate to that location not an exe)
let it install the drivers. if it claims those drivers aren't digitally signed, ignore it and continue anyway

this should work.

here is the location for the driver download
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse#download

Zach Murphy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I think I properly followed your instructions. In device manager it just says HID-Compliant mouse...I uninstalled that then did the driver update and the path I followed was Program Files> LGS>Drivers>LGSHidFilters then it says drivers up to date but the mouse still doesn't work.

Zach Murphy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I am not 100% sure, all I know is that when the PC is booting up the mouse lights up, how would I check to see if it is working in the bios? Sorry, kind of a computer noob-esque.

Zach Murphy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

On a hunch I guessed that you wanted to make sure it worked when I was in the BIOS, like I could use it to navigate the bios, so I decided to test that and yes, it works in the bios. I wasn't sure if you meant I needed to go into the bios and verify something or what have you but if you were asking if I could use the mouse in the bios then yes, yes I can.

then the mouse works. just for some reason windows doesn't like the driver

i think you gotta contact logitec tech support for a solution. The solution i gave you should have worked. You're getting the driver straight from logitec, there should be no problem. However it didn't work. I don't have an answer for you other then to contact logitec and get their feedback. this all seems very strange.

Zach Murphy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

Actually I don't think I followed your instructions accurately. So your solution might work, the only problem is I don't know exactly wqhere the drivers for the mouse are...

ok. try this

1) in control panel - > device manager = uninstall all mouse related drivers
2) detect new hardware
3) stop it from installing drivers (it should be a yellow "!" in the device manager now)
4) download the software from logitech located at this address, matching your OS. Make certain you get the version that matches no only the version of windows but matching if it's 64bit or 32bit.
http://support.logitech.com/product/11383
5) run the install program as an administrator

if it doesn't work after that...
6) check the device manager and see if the mouse is still highlighted with a yellow "!"
7) if it is, right click on the device and select install driver
-chose to "browse your computer for the driver"
-then chose "let me pick from a list of devices"
-chose mouse
-chose logitech
find the LATEST driver listed for the G502 mouse (there might be several listed for this mouse. if this one doesn't work, try another)
7b) if it isn't, then uninstall the drivers the mouse is using, detect new hardware, then chose
-"browse your computer for the driver"
-then chose "let me pick from a list of devices"
-chose mouse
-chose logitech
find the LATEST driver listed for the G502 mouse (there might be several listed for this mouse. if this one doesn't work, try another)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.