Question Logitech G502 X Vs MX Master 3S for Gaming

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
Hi I am considering buying an MX Master 3S in place of my new G502 X. The G502 X click sound is horribly loud and ugly... I guess you get what you pay for. The only concern I have is that the MX Master 3S might not be good enough for gaming. I do the occasional non-competitive single player FPS like resident evil 2 remake, alan wake series, quantum break etc. According to rtings.com the G502 X gets a 7.4 and the 3s gets a 8.7 for fps games. Will I be happy with the MX Master 3S for the occasional FPS? Maybe there's another mouse model out there good for me comparable to these two?
Thanks!

Maybe there's another mouse model out there good for me
anytime someone is looking for new peripherals i recommend to go and experience as many as they can themselves.

visit stores like Best Buy, Micro Center, local computer shops, even maybe Walmart, Office Depot, etc and see what is out on display.

actually getting your hands on different models with different layouts can give you a much better understanding of what exactly you are looking for for your own best experience.

For HID (Human Interface Devices), a 'rating' from some site is pretty irrelevant.

They can give info about battery life or resolution. But how it may feel in your hand is something that can't be determined, until you personally have it in your hand.
This is why I always check any local stores I can that carry such stuff as mice. I was worried my local Best Buy would no longer have mice on display, since many stores stopped doing so during COVID. Turned out they had quite a lot, and it helped me switch to one that had a grippier panel on the thumb button side. Best Buy is also very competitive price wise and will match price with Amazon, B&H Photo, etc.