Question Logitech G603 Bluetooth not auto reconnecting

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
Hi all,

I recently bought a Logitech G603 wireless gaming mouse because of it's ability to switch between 2 devices 'wirelessly'. I use the Lightspeed dongle in my personal PC for gaming and planned to use the Bluetooth function to connect to my work laptop which is docked when used at home - both share the same monitor. I also have a Bluetooth keyboard which has the ability to switch between 3 devices and this is functioning fine.

Issue I have is that the mouse will pair with my work laptop fine, but if i disconnect (either by switching to personal PC or rebooting my work laptop), the mouse does not automatically pair back up with my work laptop via Bluetooth. I need to go into Windows Bluetooth settings and search for devices again. The moment I open the search for new devices screen, the mouse suddenly connects, so no need to actually remove the pairing and re-pair. This is particularly annoying in this set up and it requires me to undock the laptop in order to access to touchpad to get it the settings.

A few important notes:
  1. Bluetooth on the mouse functions fine when tested on my personal PC and a spare old laptop I have at home, making me think the issue lies with a setting on my work laptop.
  2. As previously mentioned, I use a BT mechanical keyboard (AKKO 3068) which never loses BT pairing in the same way, so this seems to contradict point 1 above.

Can someone smarter than me give any support? I've tried Logitech support but was met with the power off and on/unpair & re-pair expected bot responses. I am somewhat computer literate and have tried the basic troubleshooting as well as have a good few days of scouring the internet for a solution.

My work laptop is partly locked down by admin but if something requires admin privileges I should be able to convince IT to change/install anything needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am really happy with this mouse if I can just overcome this issue.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your work laptop? If it's not a Mac(there are people who install Windows on Mac's, I don't know why they do that), make sure you've got the latest BIOS update on the laptop, then make sure you've got the latest drivers for your bluetooth/wireless adapter.

Also which version of Windows are you working with? We're currently on 1909 for Windows 10.

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
What is the make and model of your work laptop? If it's not a Mac(there are people who install Windows on Mac's, I don't know why they do that), make sure you've got the latest BIOS update on the laptop, then make sure you've got the latest drivers for your bluetooth/wireless adapter.

Also which version of Windows are you working with? We're currently on 1909 for Windows 10.

Thanks for your response.

Work laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 running W10 on 1709, I will need to wait for work to rollout a later update. Do you think this could be the issue?

I just checked my BIOS and it also seems to be outdated. I am running v1.30 and it looks like they're to up v1.42. I will check with IT if this is something they can do for me.

Will report back on any changes.

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
Small update. IT have said that they do not have an approved BIOS update to install.

Question, could I cause any real issues by trying to update the BIOS myself using an imaged USB? I can't install using Lenovo's Windows tool since I need admin rights to install it.

May 1, 2020
I have a somewhat similar problem with the same mouse. I actually bought another one to see if I got a defective mouse. But it is the same thing. I have tried everything Logitech support asked me to do, and they told me to send it back to wherever I bought it. Luckily I did not do that, otherwise they would just have told me it works fine. I think this mouse just haven't been tested thoroughly and we are suffering from that now.