Logitech G610 Orion Brown Keyboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Huh. This looks promising. I just got an MX Brown-equipped keyboard at home, and am severely missing a good keyboard at work, so I've been looking for a (relatively) inexpensive, basic Brown keyboard for the office. This might just fit the bill.

Great timing! I was just looking at reviews for this keyboard online yesterday! While it does look nice, I've read where the plastic sides tend to scratch very easily. I don't understand why any keyboard manufacturer would want to use a glossy plastic housing for their keyboards, unless to cut cost, of course. I prefer a textured housing, myself.

Adrian_106

Prominent
May 12, 2017
I just got this board to use at work and it's fantastic for typing while not annoying my co-workers. Also the lighting effects are cool ;)

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
what Logitech doesn't seem to like telling people, or admitting, is that all of their G series peripherals are not always compatible with each other. I have a legal case against them because their G13 controller doesn't seem to be compatible with their G933 headphones (possibly a combination of G13 controller, G602 mouse, and G933 headphones). I've proven to them that they do not work together, and after 4 months of legal correspondence, they finally admitted it, but refuse to fix it, offer me my money back, or any sort of resolution.

NamelessBryan

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2014
what Logitech doesn't seem to like telling people, or admitting, is that all of their G series peripherals are not always compatible with each other. I have a legal case against them because their G13 controller doesn't seem to be compatible with their G933 headphones (possibly a combination of G13 controller, G602 mouse, and G933 headphones). I've proven to them that they do not work together, and after 4 months of legal correspondence, they finally admitted it, but refuse to fix it, offer me my money back, or any sort of resolution.

I feel like most people wouldn't have too many issues with the Logitech Gaming Software or compatibility. Still, if you ask for a refund you should probably get one.

FWIW, I'm rocking the g13 keypad, the g910 orion spark, and the g700s mouse in addition to some logi speakers and webcam - no compatibility issues here, all working like a charm.

Maybe the solution is for Logitech to refresh the g13? I'd bite.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I feel like most people wouldn't have too many issues with the Logitech Gaming Software or compatibility. Still, if you ask for a refund you should probably get one.

FWIW, I'm rocking the g13 keypad, the g910 orion spark, and the g700s mouse in addition to some logi speakers and webcam - no compatibility issues here, all working like a charm.

Maybe the solution is for Logitech to refresh the g13? I'd bite.[/quotemsg]

from what I understand, there was a refresh of the G13 a long time ago. One that supports a firmware flash, and one that doesn't. Mine doesn't support new firmware.
The issue with mine is really odd. Everything will work fine for so many keystrokes, and then it will stick on the last one - so, if you're walking forward, or strafing, all of a sudden, you're stuck walking forward, or strafing. Only happens in game, and when you close the game, it's back to normal. This happens on more than one computer, on more than one game, but only when I'm using the headphones. If I'm just using the G13 and G602 there's no problems.

EarbudsRobot

Prominent
May 24, 2017
This keyboard looks very promosing. Think I'll get one for my brother as I think he'll like it. Typing speed fast too with this type of keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.