Question Logitech G613 how clean?

Oct 16, 2019
Hi all, I have a question. I have a Logitech G613 wireless mechanical keyboard. How to clean it, I read an article that you need to disassemble, rinse buttons and wipe with sticky stains and cotton swabs with spirit and so on. Dry with compressed air at the end. Is this cleaning method suitable for a keyboard with bluetooth connector and battery?
Thank you in advance

Newtonius

Upstanding
Sep 25, 2019
Hi all, I have a question. I have a Logitech G613 wireless mechanical keyboard. How to clean it, I read an article that you need to disassemble, rinse buttons and wipe with sticky stains and cotton swabs with spirit and so on. Dry with compressed air at the end. Is this cleaning method suitable for a keyboard with bluetooth connector and battery?
Thank you in advance
Yeah it'll work. As long as you're not using water or anything conductive you should be fine.

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion is to take a more conservative approach.

Do you really need to clean the keyboard? Do you eat while using the keyboard, do kids use the keyboard, etc...

First, what problems (if any) are you having with the keyboard? Or is it just dirty looking and/or sticky.

Second, start by cleaning the keyboard in accordance with Logitech's guidelines/instructions. Doing anything else may void any remaining warranties.

Taking the keyboard apart is indeed an option but only as a last resort when all else fails...

What I do is simply turn the keyboard upside down over a paper towel and gently but firmly tap the ends and sides with the heel of my hand. Generally that causes any amount of crud to fall out.

Then I dust with a microfiber cloth and occasionally use an alcohol dipped cotton swab to remove any sticky spots or goo.

A full tear down is a worst case scenerio; e.g., a keyboard filled with soda, chocolate milk, sugary fluids.

Do you really need to clean the keyboard? Do you eat while using the keyboard, do kids use the keyboard, etc...

First, what problems (if any) are you having with the keyboard? Or is it just dirty looking and/or sticky.

Second, start by cleaning the keyboard in accordance with Logitech's guidelines/instructions. Doing anything else may void any remaining warranties.

Taking the keyboard apart is indeed an option but only as a last resort when all else fails...

What I do is simply turn the keyboard upside down over a paper towel and gently but firmly tap the ends and sides with the heel of my hand. Generally that causes any amount of crud to fall out.

Then I dust with a microfiber cloth and occasionally use an alcohol dipped cotton swab to remove any sticky spots or goo.

A full tear down is a worst case scenerio; e.g., a keyboard filled with soda, chocolate milk, sugary fluids.
this post it so nice, it get's posted twice. this is the definitive answer. myself, i make it a point to always wash hands after eating in a dining area and cleaning up kitchen and dishes.... lol, don't have dirty controllers or keyboards and they last darned near forever. well the controllers don't but hey, Red Dead 2 can be demanding...

Oct 16, 2019

during work, I often snack at the workplace, noticed that crumbs and dirt began to gather under the buttons. I like the keyboard, so I don’t want it to break due to my sloppiness
I think I’ll just remove the keys and wipe everything with a liquid for cleaning the keyboard, I won’t be zealous.

ASK THE COMMUNITY