Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Keyboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
logitech user here.. I got G510s.. this one been discontinued.. amazon still has a few I thinks.. this is my second logitech board.. yes I'm a believer.. you gotta love the volume wheel, a real must.. my board is superior to these new ones.. has a little view screen.. has this one mode you can watch your cpu and ram.. and how much is being used at this very moment.. cpu 21% ram 23% .. great to watch while gaming.. its a gas..

F00l1shn3ss

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Dvorak Layout?

And yes, I can type on a keyboard with the letters wrong, but why would I want to? You clearly charge over $90.00 for the fancy lighting, can you move the keys around and get the specialized ones that move? It's a trivial thing for you to do, but you've made it impossible to use the decals to move the letters, so what is your alternative? You realize that the FIPS requires that if you are going to sell to the Government... You do realize it is illegal to sell a keyboard that doesn't meet FIPS? Don't you? Or is that such an old standard that you think you can ignore it?

CBRworm

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
I've got a G810 and like it. For reference, I also have a Ducky Shine 6, WASD Code and an old buckling spring Model M, as well as a couple old random Cherry branded keyboards.

Things I like about this keyboard: It is quieter than its Cherry switch stable-mates, despite having added O-rings to one of them. I like the layout. The lighting is truly worth of awe - especially after seeing the competition. It doesn't look like a gaming keyboard for the other 90% of the time.

Things I don't like: (Big One!)The lighting returns to default color wave as soon as you lock your PC, etc. Unless the logitech software is running and has access to the board, the keyboard lights up in crazy mode. You can turn the lights off all together, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Also, the key travel is not as smooth as name brand switches if you hit a key off center - I hope this improves with time. This ended up in my office since it is quieter than my other boards, having to turn off the lights so the color wave isn't running when I'm away from my desk is silly. I wish I could make it default to any solid color, or off.

Other thoughts: The keycaps could be shaped a little better, and be less prone to shine. Overall, this is a decent keyboard, at its current sell price, it may be preferable to the more expensive boards.

jonb2501

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
I've had this keyboard for ` 6 months now and I really like it. I took me about a half hour to get used to the Romer-Gs. They're light and fast. There is a little bit of a ping, but much better than other KBs I've bought in my quest to not bug my better half with my high speed typing and nocturnal habits. For reference, I have a Corsair Strafe RGB with Silent MX switches, an Apex MX800, a Logitech G710+, and a Das Keyboard with Cherry MX Blues. I seem to have an emotional attachment to the Das Keyboard, sadly my wife does not. Back to the G810; it's not for everyone, but if you like it, you'll like it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.