Review Logitech G915 TKL Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review: Compact Luxury

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Can anybody confirm that the Logitech G915 TKL wireless mechanical keyboard and/or the Logitech G915 Lightspeed wireless mechanical keyboard will work like a regular keyboard when it's cord is attached, working on any computer without the need of a dongle or bluetooth.

dbrees

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
Can anybody confirm that the Logitech G915 TKL wireless mechanical keyboard and/or the Logitech G915 Lightspeed wireless mechanical keyboard will work like a regular keyboard when it's cord is attached, working on any computer without the need of a dongle or bluetooth.
Why not just get a G815?

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I use a wireless keyboard (logitech K800), but for those times when the battery is low I quickly connect the cable and continue using the keyboard without interruption or worrying about the low battery. Once it is charged I can go back to wireless. I do the same with my wireless mouse(logitech G900). This is a legitimate question by AnimeMania and I think the ability to swap between wired and wireless without interruption is a must have once you have experienced it.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
I use a wireless keyboard (logitech K800), but for those times when the battery is low I quickly connect the cable and continue using the keyboard without interruption or worrying about the low battery. Once it is charged I can go back to wireless. I do the same with my wireless mouse(logitech G900). This is a legitimate question by AnimeMania and I think the ability to swap between wired and wireless without interruption is a must have once you have experienced it.
I want to use the keyboard to control two different computers, one would be controlled via the cable and the second would be controlled via the dongle. I would have easy access to the wired computer but the dongled computer's ports would be hard to get to since it would be enclosed in a box, hence the wireless control needed. I would rarely need to access the boxed dongled computer, but the computer connected via the cable only (no dongle) would be used all the time. I would just remove the cable from the keyboard to be able to switch back and forth between the two computers. I am compiling a list of computer keyboards (I am also looking for a wireless gaming mouse with the same capabilities) that will be able to do this when the time arises. Currently I have:
Keyboards
Kensington KP400
(Great price, but uses a regular battery, I was hoping for a rechargeable battery) this would be my first or second choice after this next keyboard, I will probably end up buying both and see which works better
Corsair K63 Wireless (Tenkeyless, I would prefer a full keyboard)
G-Cord Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Impossible to find, seemed perfect)
A myriad of wireless mechanical gaming keyboards that would be very difficult to confirm before purchasing.)
Mice
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
(wireless gaming mouse)
Logitech MX Master 3 (not a gaming mouse)

Ellimist

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
Why not just get a G815?

I have a use case there. When playing games like elite dangerous I like having the keyboard wireless as I have two tablets where the keyboard would normally be and if it’s corded it gets awkward to move around.

wireless keyboards working while wired is good.

Jun 12, 2020
The Logitech G915 TKL wireless mechanical keyboard has a slim and sturdy frame and the option to easily switch between two types of cable-free connections. But it’s very expensive. i want to add 'it looks cool' :)

scharhar

Senior Editor
Editor
Jun 20, 2018
Yes, the G915 TKL works like a regular keyboard when the cord's attached without the need for the dongle or Bluetooth.

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
The Logitech GL switches are Kailh Choc switches. Perhaps they are special variations for Logitech, but the stats are still within the tolerances Kailh has published for the regular Choc.

There are other keyboards with those switches for a third the price. You would lose Logitech's feature set though.

Jul 28, 2021
I have the TKL version. Instead of a switch to set game mode, this keyboard has a button for it. Which would not be an issue by itself, but.. game mode does not stay on when it goes to sleep and there is no setting to automatically enable game mode. Into the trash it goes.

Also, only after 2mo of use there is already visible damage to the black coating of the W button.

RomXXII

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
I have the TKL version. Instead of a switch to set game mode, this keyboard has a button for it. Which would not be an issue by itself, but.. game mode does not stay on when it goes to sleep and there is no setting to automatically enable game mode. Into the trash it goes.

Also, only after 2mo of use there is already visible damage to the black coating of the W button.
I own the Asian model of this keyboard (Logitech 913 TKL). Not sure about game mode, but I've used the Logitech G Hub software to force this keyboard to switch profiles according to the game I'm playing. It's finicky, and for most games you have to manually set up a profile, but once configured it'll automatically switch to that game's profile.
It's not a perfect solution either, as G Hub behaves erratically after coming back from sleep mode. But since I've taken to shutting down my PC and learned to live with the extra 10 seconds of boot up time, this has become a personal non-issue.

I'm also aware there's a contingent of gamers who hate G Hub with a passion, so if G Hub is a deal breaker for you then frankly it's better to look at other keyboards -- or even other brands -- as this one really works better with it.