Question Logitech Gaming Headset only works when Realtek audio is disabled ?

HoloTheWise

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
I just got a new laptop (Asus M16 GU603HM) and love it. But I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my Logitech - G PRO X wireless headset working with it....
Anytime I try it's stuck on "Setting up" in the GHUB setup screen. Then if I go to windows audio and try to test them, it says the device is in use by another application. The only fix I've found is to GO INTO BIOS and disable the on board audio, which is less then ideal as I switch from using it at home for gaming to using it on the move where I need the speakers.... and TBH going into the BIOS every time to do this is clunky and tiring.

So from this error I read there is some program taking control of the headset before Logitech GHUB can. I tried to figure out what could be doing it. I uninstalled Dolby Access. I checked for other programs that might be effecting it but I cannot think of anything. The laptop has built in AI noise canceling but I have that disabled in device manager.... I'm just really stumped.

Of course I did the classic troubleshooting steps, from basic to extreme... Uninstalled and played with drivers, trying a different USB port, reinstalling stuff in a magic order, updating BIOS and all laptop drivers and firmware, formatting windows completely, etc. The issue is only apparent on my laptop and the headset works fine on other devices. The USB port is fine on the laptop too.

HoloTheWise

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
So idk what changed but now it just gives me a "Failed to play test tone error". Though I observed something interesting. When the on board audio is enabled in BIOS (and the logitech headset wont function) it shows a different audio controller listed in the sound settings (first pic). But when I have the on board audio disabled in BIOS (and the logitech headset works) its a different audio controller again (second pic). I feel like this is useful info but I'm not sure what to do with it.

1767ad2a35.png
4b1eb09a46.png