Logitech Gaming Software bad drivers?

UnReeaL

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I have a Logitech G430 gaming headset that I bought in december 2015 and everything was great. But, last week I swapped my HDD because of failure and changed from windows 8 to windows 8.1 and don't remember what drivers I had.

The newer drivers on Logitech's site are horrible (8.83.85 and most of the new ones), their main problem being that skype doesn't use the surround sound feature, making it sound like I am listening to the person I am speaking to through a tin can. I am running a very old version of Logitech Gaming Software right now from 2014 (8.58.183) which, for some reason doesn't have the Skype issue, but I feel that the surround sound is worse.

I tried downloading the most recent version of LGS from the date I bought the headset but they had the same problem. Everyone on the Logitech forums knows that the new drivers are awful, but any tech support we receive just says to install the newest drivers and then do a couple of useless things that never change anything or they say that Skype doesn't support surround sound, while old versions of LGS work perfectly with Skype.

Are there any LGS drivers that you are aware of that are fairly new and use surround sound properly on all applications? Before the format whatever version of LGS I had worked flawlessly on skype and all other applications, but I just can't seem to find them.

**(This is for anyone who is familiar with the LGS versions, but the LGS version I had before the format that worked had a different surround sound icon the bottom of the LGS, not the one with the square and the dolby logo with headphones on but the one with the 3 speakers and 7.1 writen underneath them, and the "experience surround sound" was the guy speaking and then the action movie scene. Lastly, in the version I had windows detected my headset as headphones, while with the old version it recognizes they are speakers.)**

To clarify, I haven't installed the Realtek Audio Drivers from my laptop manufacturer's site. Will they make any difference if I install them or not? Thanks.

[Moderator's edits: gigantic wall of text converted to spaced paragraphs for easier readability]

UnReeaL

Commendable
May 4, 2016

All the drivers were installed from the technician that swapped my HDD. I only uninstalled the Realtek Audio Drivers because the boot time was quite long with LGS already. Everything else is installed.

UnReeaL

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I installed the Realtek Audio Drivers and the issues I had still exist. The fault is obviously with the Logitech Gaming Software, but none of the newer drivers work as intended, all having the same problem in that Skype doesn't use surround sound. Apart from that they work just fine, but I use Skype on a regular basis and need it, so I can't ignore the issue. As I mentioned the drivers I use now (8.58.183) are quite old, have very low audio volume and low Surround Sound quality for no apparent reason. I am getting pretty worried about this, if anyone can help please do, I'd be most grateful.

TRENDING THREADS