[SOLVED] Logitech Gaming Software Crashing my PC?

Oct 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I recently posted a thread documenting some errors and crashes while gaming and wanted to probe the community to figure out why this happens or if anyone knows why? I had been using the LGS for macros and did not use corsairs ICUE suite as I had issues with it before, but maybe those issues were from LGS then and didn't know.

TLDR of older post linked below: Computer locked up and froze during gaming, nothing pointed to component errors and system is stable after not launching Logitech Gaming Software.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-forcing-me-to-restart.3783141/#post-22839539

Peripherals:
Keyboard: Logitech GPRO
Mouse: CORSAIR SCIMITAR RGB ELITE
Ram?: Corsair Vengeance Ram
Mobo: GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE AX F6 Bios

Last edited:
Solution
Pulling info from your other thread;
Your board has two more BIOS versions pending update. F7 and F8. Once BIOS update is complete, run MEI updates.

Also, if you want to pin the issue onto LGS, might want to see if uninstalling it removes the issue altogether.

Lutfij

Titan
Your board has two more BIOS versions pending update. F7 and F8. Once BIOS update is complete, run MEI updates.

Also, if you want to pin the issue onto LGS, might want to see if uninstalling it removes the issue altogether.

Last edited:
Reactions: HDRANK
Solution
Oct 28, 2022

Added, thank you!

Will update the BIOS and I was planning on uninstalling it but if it can be used somehow still would like to control RGB and have access to some of my keyboards features :/

Where are you seeing the F7/F8 updates I can only find f6 on Gigabytes website?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Added, thank you!

Will update the BIOS and I was planning on uninstalling it but if it can be used somehow still would like to control RGB and have access to some of my keyboards features :/

Where are you seeing the F7/F8 updates I can only find f6 on Gigabytes website?
You can see if their a updated version of LGS or try to roll back to a older version.

Reactions: HDRANK
Oct 28, 2022