Logitech Goes Tenkeyless With G Pro Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodroses

Distinguished
Yeah, I don't get it either. Charging quite a bit more while removing stuff; just to call it a 'gamer' keyboard. And if the reason for the cost is the Romer switches, they should have just stayed with Cherry...

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Not sure what you mean by that? This is basically an iteration on the G610/G810. The G810 has Romer-G switches and RGB lighting, like the G Pro, and it costs $160 compared to $130. So...fewer keys, less money.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

No. The cable is removable so that when you pack up the keyboard to transport it, you don't have to wrap the cable around the keyboard. That puts too much stress on the cable.

He was making a joke but it has truth to it. The G810 has dropped in price since its original $159.99[USD] retail release this time last year. It is currently selling for $115.99 (at least on Amazon and at Best Buy).

And regarding the removable USB connector cable, that's an interesting feature, but I've been wrapping my keyboard cables for years and never had any wire failures. A removable cable sounds like a nice feature that can be a double edged sword: I can see those getting lost/left behind/misplaced by some.

bloodroses

Distinguished

I have a removable USB cable on my Rosewill mechanical keyboard. It's definitely not a deal breaker or must have feature. The nice thing is I only have to replace the cable if it goes bad. The bad thing is that you can lose the cable (cheap at least since it's standardized) or the USB port on the keyboard itself gets damaged (bad).

Lkaos

Honorable
Dec 13, 2014
A big lol...$130 for a keyboard without numeric keyboard!? What does this thing do that my $10 keyboard from Micro$oft doesnt?

DornyeiJ

Reputable
Nov 25, 2016
7.8 ms is actually a lot in gaming but I think this is marketing only. What matters is the delay between the push of the button and sending this push over. I think on a good keyboard this is faster than 7.8 ms. Network will add another 30 ms delay if you are lucky.
The most important thing is actually reliability. My keyboard - what is quite old and should have been replaced years ago - sometimes doesn't register a key. And this is usually instant death in the game.

Musaab

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
The G810 need a palm rest to be used for more than ten minutes this keyboard is like G810 TKL and miss some G810 important features like volume control wheel.
I have the Logitech G910 and G810 and the G810 keys have click sound like Cherry MX Blue while the G910 keys are silent like Cherry MX Brown, they supposed to be the same but maybe Omeron changed the design of switches since I bought the G910 one year before the G810.

Status
Not open for further replies.