[SOLVED] Logitech HD Pro webcam c920 mic not working with apps (but tests OK in Settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
The microphone on my Logitech HD Pro webcam c920 has stopped working with Skype, Zoom, Camera and other apps. The camera works fine. If I troubleshoot the device in the "Test your microphone" section in Windows settings it seems to work fine - i.e. I see the input level respond when I speak into it. If I choose the "Troubleshoot" option it says it couldn't identify the problem.
I've tried:
- uninstalling the Logitech webcam software
-unplugging the webcam from USB
-removing the webcam driver from Device Manager
-rebooting (the driver was reinstalled after reboot).
Any idea why the mic doesn't work with Skype, Zoom, Camera apps??

Solution
The microphone on my Logitech HD Pro webcam c920 has stopped working with Skype, Zoom, Camera and other apps. The camera works fine. If I troubleshoot the device in the "Test your microphone" section in Windows settings it seems to work fine - i.e. I see the input level respond when I speak into it. If I choose the "Troubleshoot" option it says it couldn't identify the problem.
I've tried:
OK I managed to fix it. I went into Control Panel...Hardware and Sound....Manage Audio...

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
I've tried:
OK I managed to fix it. I went into Control Panel...Hardware and Sound....Manage Audio Devices....Recording. In the Advanced tab I set Default Format to "2 Channel 32 bit 32000Hz (FM Radio Quality)". It was previously set to 16,000Hz (Tape recorder quality). Now the mic works in Zoom.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.