Logitech Intros Harmony Keyboard with Built-In Touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The K400 was already overpriced garbage. If this is the same quality, there will be some pissed off users. Hope this thing has some range to it as well. My K400 loses connection if it moves more than 5ft from it's dongle, which defeats the purpose of the keyboard.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Logitech is loosing their touch with the more and more products they put out. When my Harmony 550 that controlled 15 devices failed i went to a Harmony 700 which can only control 7 but costs twice as much.When my Performance Mouse Mx developed double left click issues, they offered to repalce it for free. 3 repalcement mice later and it was discovered all Logitech had to to to fix the issue was to use better quality micro switches but instead the offered to switch users to a $20 M705 model for free for users that had issues with their $99 Performance Mouse MX.

johnsaar2005

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
sykozis it sounds like you bought a defective keyboard because my k400 gets pretty good range and i have had no issues with it what so ever. I use it with my HTPC have for a few months now and its way better than others I've had.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Everything I've bought from Logitech in the last couple years has been defective. Their QC has gone down the crapper. I've had 4 defective mice and 2 defective keyboards. After my K400 and M500 I've given up on Logitech.

johnsaar2005

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013

I totally understand your frustration and it sucks when that happens I've had bad luck with certain companies to but not Logitech. my G930 still running strong my z2300's still rockin and the k400 is working well. I have a similar issue with Apple products and refuse to buy them anymore or ever again I haven't bought an apple product since the 2nd gen iPod and i wont. I understand though what your saying I'm sorry you had such bad luck because i know how frustrating that can be. Hope you have better luck with your purchases in the future man!

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I sure hope they don't have tap-to-click hardwired into their touchpad (or even defaulted). This has to be the stupidest standard that exists. I bought their DiNovo Edge keyboard and there is no way to disable this on that particular keyboard and they have yet to produce a firmware update to address this. I also have their K400 and even though you can disable it, whenever you update the driver or various other system tasks (which I can't remember atm), it reverts to its default state of tap-to-click.

Status
Not open for further replies.