Question Logitech M720 mouse not always working?

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Been using my Logitech (with Options +) M720 on my MS Surface 6 (with Logitech USB dongle inserted) for quite a while without any problems. However, lately, the mouse was not functioning (battery check was OK); that is, the mouse just wasn't On and, of course, no cursor was present when the computer opened. I've done some research on this issue. Couldn't find an explanation, but did find a temporary "solution." Had to take the battery out and remove the dongle for 5+ seconds, then replace the battery, put in the dongle back in, and all was working. As the mouse would sometimes work and other times not, I'd appreciate, if possible, a permanent solution. Thanks.

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Does the mouse cursor reappear when you make a click?
Since posting, this event has occurred a few times, requiring that I go through the above sequence to restore functionality. The cursor only appears after the fix...otherwise, no cursor from the mouse. However, the cursor will work via the touch pad.

Since posting, this event has occurred a few times, requiring that I go through the above sequence to restore functionality. The cursor only appears after the fix...otherwise, no cursor from the mouse. However, the cursor will work via the touch pad.

Did you try the dongle on another USB port (direct port, not from a Hub)?

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
name and model of the system you use this mouse .
Latest Windows 11 on a MS Surface 6. BTW, After my last post, I did have a couple of instances in which the issue arose; but the last few times I used this combination, the mouse stayed on and I didn't have to do anything to bring it back to life.