Review Logitech MX Anywhere 3S Mouse Review: Plenty of Portable Productivity

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
I have used Logitech mice and keyboards for 20+ years, my only complaint is that I switched to Linux for all my home PCs and Logitech seems to happy to just egnore us about the software. A Flatpack package for Linux would finally let us use all the features of our devises. They "work" in Linux, but only with basic functions.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
For palm grippers a mouse can be too small.

But for finger and claw grippers, there's no minimum size a mouse needs to be. The smaller and lighter, the better. You could remove 50% of the mouse and only leave the front and it would still work fine for finger and claw grip.

Nikolay Mihaylov

Prominent
Jun 30, 2022
As someone who thinks the MX Anywhere 3 is the greatest mouse ever created*, I would have liked to see how the 3S differs, considering it's said to look identical. Has anything changed?

* I have big hands but I hold the mouse with my fingers only. I can make fine movements without moving my wrist. This makes the use of the side buttons a bit inconvenient but I never use them anyway.

Nikolay Mihaylov

Prominent
Jun 30, 2022
I have used Logitech mice and keyboards for 20+ years, my only complaint is that I switched to Linux for all my home PCs and Logitech seems to happy to just egnore us about the software. A Flatpack package for Linux would finally let us use all the features of our devises. They "work" in Linux, but only with basic functions.

Yep, as far as I'm concerned, that's the only drawback. It would have been nice to be able to upload the remappings and wheel settings to the mouse, rather than rely on resident software. I alway remap the middle button to work as, well, middle button, rather than wheel mode switch. With the MX (Anywhere) 3 series the wheel mode becomes totally unneeded because the mouse switches seemsly to fly mode when you flick the wheel and is in step mode otherwise. I never ever had to switch the wheel mode on my Anywhere 3s (small 's' for plurar)

But not all is lost on Linux:

Dr3ams

Commendable
Sep 29, 2021
I've been using Logitech mice for over 15 years, my current one is the MX Master 3S. This MX Anywhere 3S looks really good. I think I'll buy one for my wife.