Review Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless Mouse Review: Reinventing the Wheel Successfully

I've had one of these for about a month now. While it is not distinctly a "gaming" mouse, I am not exclusively a "gamer" either. For a mouse that does everything VERY WELL, this mouse is well worth the hundred bucks or so I paid for it. It is easily the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I pretty religiously used a Logitech M510 for the longest time. Several mice at least, but I won't be going back at least not for my main system. This mouse is a huge improvement over almost any other mouse I've regularly used on a daily basis. It is extremely precise. The freewheel feature for the scroll wheel is fricking awesome, no more scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll to get to the top or bottom of a page. Just "flick" and it's at the top of even very long pages. The thumb wheel is much better than on previous versions as is the placement of the two thumb buttons. Overall, an excellent device.

My only complaint is that I think the thumb wheel and the two buttons need to be about a quarter inch lower down the side of the mouse, aside from that I really can't find anything to complain about at all.

Dec 5, 2019
I've just upgraded to an MX Master from my MX Revolution - probably the best mouse of all time - which I got more than 12 years daily duty from, doing graphic design.

The MX Master series mice are really nice - but the one thing I really missed was the 'one-touch search' feature. You highlight some text, press the one-touch search button, and it opens your browser with a new tab and a google search already done for you. This saved me SO much time I was dismayed to find it was not an option on the Master series.

I looked all over for a solution, and I was about to return the mouse when I decided I would try to create my own work-around. Note: it only works on a Mac (but the same idea might work on Windows).

The basic idea is :
  1. Create a Quick Action which performs a search from a text selection in Automator.
  2. Assign it to a keyboard shortcut.
  3. Assign one of the mouse buttons to the same keyboard shortcut.
It's slightly complicated (especially step one) so I wrote a blog post about it.

How to get the one-touch search feature on an MX Master (Mac):
https://www.premonition.co.uk/how-to-get-one-touch-search-on-the-logitech-mx-master-mouse-mac/

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
I LOVE Logitech's products, my only real beef with them is there total lack of Linux support with software for Linux that would give me all the options I would have in Windows.

TRENDING THREADS