Review Logitech MX Mechanical Keyboard Review: Easy Device Switching, Low Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBuerger

Reputable
Jan 12, 2021
I was interested when it states that the "brown" switches were supposed to be quieter. I would really like a dampened choc switch but no one has made one yet. Sounds like this isn't it yet either.

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
Years ago, Logitech used to have some of the best software for their mice and keyboards, then all of a sudden, they switched to a basic almost does nothing system. Slowly it has improved, but why they switched from some of the best to one of the worst has always been a mystery to me. Once I switched to Linux, I found out the rude truth that they port none of their software to Linux, so we get only basic functionality with our Logi products and they seem to care less.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Two deal breakers for me, no hot swap switches and more importantly, despite the port being there, no wired mode. If there was room for the port for charging, there was room for a small controller board to make it wired.

I'm sure this will be great for some and I'm not knocking your excitement or anything for liking it. Just my blunt opinion.

Reactions: Sleepy_Hollowed
I wish they'd make up their mind. I bought the MX Keys Mini as my TV watching keyboard when it came out but the arrow keys are kind of small. Now they come out with this new one with clicky switches and bigger arrow keys for the same price. ARGHH! I guess I'll keep using the older one for another year before getting this one.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Two deal breakers for me, no hot swap switches and more importantly, despite the port being there, no wired mode. If there was room for the port for charging, there was room for a small controller board to make it wired.

I'm sure this will be great for some and I'm not knocking your excitement or anything for liking it. Just my blunt opinion.

For the price, I’d not expect replaceable switches, but I agree, no wired mode is absolutely insane.
This is chiefly for people OK with wireless and low profile and for that it’s good.

keychron are great but chunky.

simonstroud

Reputable
Aug 31, 2018
Really don't like these new premium Logitech keyboards. I made the mistake of buying a MX keys 3 keyboard, and I hate it

They have a Apple Mac version and a universal version which has all the Apple symbols in addition to the Windows symbols.

There isn't however a Windows only version. Whilst Logitech go down this Apple road, I have no interest in their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.