Logitech MX1000 Laser Failing!

ELGoku

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
a while back, I got this new Sweet Mouse, The Logitech MX1000 Laser, It took me a while took get used to it because it's a little heavy, but after some hours in UT I loved it! but now... It has a problem :(

The Left Click Got extremely Sensitive, It double clicks sometimes when you push hard, or it releases the click when you're draggin, I don't know if it's got dirt, or the rubber piece that clicks inside it moved...

The case is this:

Has anyone opened one of these before to service it?
I'm kinda' afraid to do it, I mean these things cost like 60 bucks!
I'm just scared that it'll have some easy to break parts ^_^...

Any Help?

Brammer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
i got the same mouse, but havent had problems with it... had it sinse september.... i dont hav the balls to open it up... 60$ yah...

KWH

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2005
The have a good warranty. My first one, the curser would jump all over the screen, would almost make you sicj keeping up with it. I called Logitech, they told me to cut the USB cord off and mail to them. They promptly sent me a new one that works perfectly. See if your's is still in warranty and RMA it.

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
I've got the same mouse. It's great. Have you tried updating your mouse driver, Setpoint? Make sure you have the most up-to-date one, as tehy fixed some problems with the mx1000 last go round.
If that doesn't work return it to the store if you can, or RMA it through Logitech.
Just try the driver first, because if that's the problem a new mouse won't help you. :wink:

KWH

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2005
Sure did. It was a flaw in the USB cord they claimed. They had a QC issue with it. New mouse works perfect.