Logitech MX1000 problem in Firefox

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my Logitech
MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual boot
system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between messages
or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.

Any idea's?

Colin wrote:
> I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my Logitech
> MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual boot
> system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
> forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
> for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between messages
> or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.

Maybe go into the mouse control panel and set up the buttons to be
Alt+Left and Alt+Right

That works for me.

--
-WD

On Sat, 21 May 2005 00:11:36 +0100 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "Colin"
<Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote :

>I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my Logitech
>MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual boot
>system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
>forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
>for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between messages
>or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.
>
>Any idea's?

Post to"Firefox"?
I have a system like yours and use Firefox.Don't expect free none MS
software to work like you are used to and put a little effort in
willya<grin > :p

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> >I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
Logitech
> >MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual
boot
> >system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse for
> >forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook express
> >for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between
messages
> >or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.
> >
> >Any idea's?
> >

> Post to"Firefox"?
> I have a system like yours and use Firefox.Don't expect free none MS
> software to work like you are used to and put a little effort in
> willya<grin > :p

Not sure you what you mean by effort? As I say the older Logitech MX700
worked as I wanted it to in XP and 98 with just its latest drivers,
Completely *cleanly* removing the Logitech 700 drivers, rebooting and
installing the new Logitech MX1000 drivers wont let me use the side button
for back forward in Firefox (latest) but it will in IE (latest) Right
enough, there is a Mozilla newsgroup, so I have posted this question there
as well as a UK comp newsgroup.

Cheers.

"Colin" <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> skrev i melding
> > >I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
> Logitech
> > >MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE in my dual
> boot
> > >system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side button on the mouse
for
> > >forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet in IE and on outlook
express
> > >for newsgroups, the button will let me go back and forward between
> messages
> > >or pages no problem. My MX700 did this in both Firefox and IE.
> > >
> > >Any idea's?
> > >

> > Post to"Firefox"?
> > I have a system like yours and use Firefox.Don't expect free none MS
> > software to work like you are used to and put a little effort in
> > willya<grin > :p
>
> Not sure you what you mean by effort? As I say the older Logitech MX700
> worked as I wanted it to in XP and 98 with just its latest drivers,
> Completely *cleanly* removing the Logitech 700 drivers, rebooting and
> installing the new Logitech MX1000 drivers wont let me use the side button
> for back forward in Firefox (latest) but it will in IE (latest) Right
> enough, there is a Mozilla newsgroup, so I have posted this question there
> as well as a UK comp newsgroup.

Will it work if you don't install the drivers for the mouse?

Reason for I ask is that in the game battlefield 1942, the wheel button on
my mx 310 mouse won't work properly after the drivers installed. But when I
uninstall the drivers, everything works just fine in the game. Yeah , it's
the latest drivers I'm talking about here.

"Colin" <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in

> I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
> Logitech MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE
> in my dual boot system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side
> button on the mouse for forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet
> in IE and on outlook express for newsgroups, the button will let me go
> back and forward between messages or pages no problem. My MX700 did
> this in both Firefox and IE.
>
> Any idea's?

I've also got the Logitech MX1000 mouse and use both Firefox (1.0.4) and
IE. All the buttons work in both browers with the exception of the
horizontal scroll function by tilting the scroll wheel. this doesn't
work for me in any application! I'm using the XP drivers that came with
the mouse.

Not much help as the only obvious difference is your dual OS!

bejay

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

>> I recently bought a new Logitech MX1000 laser mouse to replace my
>> Logitech MX700. I have installed the mouse drivers for XP and Win98SE
>> in my dual boot system ... But, on both OS's I cant use the side
>> button on the mouse for forward and backwards paging in Firefox, yet
>> in IE and on outlook express for newsgroups, the button will let me go
>> back and forward between messages or pages no problem. My MX700 did
>> this in both Firefox and IE.
>>
>> Any idea's?
>>

> I've also got the Logitech MX1000 mouse and use both Firefox (1.0.4) and
> IE. All the buttons work in both browers with the exception of the
> horizontal scroll function by tilting the scroll wheel. this doesn't
> work for me in any application! I'm using the XP drivers that came with
> the mouse.
>
> Not much help as the only obvious difference is your dual OS!
>
> bejay

Update, working now, what I did was download the latest build of Firefox,
the latest Setpoint drivers from Logitech and installed them, that never
worked, tried setting the Mouse buttons to "other" in Setpoint, that still
never worked, switched back to default and all buttons now work in IE and
Firefox ... weird?

Thanks for all help.

Colin