Logitech or Corsair Keyboard?

SebastianHELP

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
I have decided to change my Ducky Shine year of the snake keyboard. This keyboard has worked perfectly but I want something different. I've come to two keyboards the Logitech G810 RGB Keyboard with ROMER-G Switches and the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire with MX Speed switches. Both of these keyboards fit perfectly in what I've been looking for in a keyboard but they are similar and I'm stuck choosing which one is overall the best. Please help me out by telling me which one of these two keyboards I should purchase. Thank you

Solution
The Corsair K70 has much better build quality, and the MX Speed switches are very good as far as linear mechanical switches go.
If you want a more tactile bump or clicky keys, go for the MX Blues, my personal favorite switch. :)
The Romer-G switches while decent, don't feel as nice imo, and the build quality isn't great on the G810.
Corsair's software also allows for more in depth customization.
The Corsair K70 has much better build quality, and the MX Speed switches are very good as far as linear mechanical switches go.
If you want a more tactile bump or clicky keys, go for the MX Blues, my personal favorite switch. :)
The Romer-G switches while decent, don't feel as nice imo, and the build quality isn't great on the G810.
Corsair's software also allows for more in depth customization.

Solution
I have a K70 for about a year, and I'm very disappointed by the quality.
Few keys have their back light periodically working.
At least once a week I have to physically disconnect the keyboard from the computer - great symptom is not working space bar.
I have heard that i'm not the only one with such issue
Funny thing that much cheaper keyboards have worked for much longer and much more reliable.

Really? I've used both a Razer Blackwidow Chroma and a Corsair K70 RGB MX Blue for a couple of years each now and had no issues.
Corsair is very good with warranty and replacements, contact them about your failing LEDs and switches and i'm sure they'll replace them.
What were your problems with the build quality? The K70 is very solid aluminium, and has great build quality afaik. o_O

Colif

Win 11 Master
seems a common question: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/544065-corsair-k70-2016-vs-logitech-g810-orion-spectrum-what-should-i-get/

I have a G910 and so far no complaints. Sure, the repeat can catch me on some words as I tend to avoid typing "select" as I often get two e's but that is likely just me. I have a Razer Blackwidow before this and it was so loud in comparison. and the back lighting is so nice i never want a keyboard without it again.

I like being able to set any key to any colour but I eventually just make a colour scheme and stick to it until i remember i can switch them again.

SebastianHELP

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

Yet again, thank you.

The sound is due to the difference in switches. The Romer-G switches are more linear, meaning they will have a smaller tactile bump compared to the Razer Green switches present on the Blackwidow.
All comes down to switches switches switches with keyboards more or less, with build quality taking a close second next to the RGB lighting which just brings it all together.
Who doesn't love RGB lighting? ^.^

Not a problem. ;)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i looked into the keyboards when i chose this one as I got this at half price due to a clearance and wanted to see if it was worth it compared to the others around. The price sold it more than anything, My razor had started ignoring my "W" key which made typing difficult, so I knew I had to replace it. I haven't used a Corsair keyboard yet, the best Keyboard I ever had was made by Microsoft. Shame they stopped making gaming keyboards.