Logitech Reveals $150 G533 Wireless Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabel

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
After my experience with G35 and the even lower materials quality of G930 I am pretty unimpressed.

The ear pads look OK, at least these ones wont peel off... and aren't blue.

I can't tell from the picture for sure but unlike the G35, in G930 the headband looked quite wide but the cushioning covered just half of the band; pretty deceiving and uncomfortable. This one looks better.

The wiring looks to be again hidden in the structure, so I guess wires are again very thin and will break sooner or later. In My G930 I had to solder a cable from the battery connector on one cup to the PCB on the other because due to a hair thin broken wire on the 3-wire battery cable it not longer charged.

Also in G930 the battery is user-replaceable - a plus honestly- but in an unnecessarily clunky way. I hope the improved the feature instead of removing it...

In G930 the plastics used were such low quality that of 3 pairs owned among my friends all had cracks or broken bits in less than two years. Only time can't tell, but I don't trust Logitech on this one.

It's sad because I found no good alternative to G930, The programmable buttons are a a must for me.

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Tried the G933 (I came from G35 to G930 to the G933)

Found it to be a better overall experience (better battery life too)

Must say it took me 4 copies of the G930 to get one that didn't drop out, but the quality faired well for me, though I think my G35 is tougher (I only killed one of them due to a freak dog/computer/cord pull that resulted in a snapped headband and subsequent rage death to the unit)

I think G933 is as sturdy, perhaps slightly more so, and more comfy ear pads (I have a bollard for a head so size was important)

You just need to pony up for them is all.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
i got a G933 from blackfriday sales @ $99. Much improvement over my old G930.

better battery life (finally)
better wireless range with no drops so far
much better mic
overall a great improvement.

however the stock earpads are unconfortable as hell. i had to drop $50 for beyer dt770 ear cups. now the confy as hell, but i'm down $150.

only reason i got this is because i needed wireless for my ps4.

however, compared to my sennheiser hd598 ($99 also black friday) the logitech is like having a wire attached to a paper cup. meaning sound quality wise it is GARBAGE.

i expect the G533 to be the same. garbage sound quality but it's wireless.

Oovar

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
The lack of a cable passthrough to use the headset in wired mode should be a dealbreaker for any pc gamer. Unless you have a backup headset when it dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts