Logitech Ships its One Billionth Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwellin

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
WARNING to all ships in the north Atlantic. Logitech today announced that it has produced a "mouse-berg" that has the potential to sink an full size ocean cruise liner.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Try using a trackball instead of a mouse, make sure it fits your hand and give it more than 3 minutes of use before you decide.

You might never want to use a mouse again, for good reason.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
A trackball is merely an upside-down mouse! ;)

While I agree that touch-screens, voice control and even brain control (OCZ NIA) are nice additions to the computing "experience", I really can't imagine anything replacing a mouse in video games.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I tell ya what the logitech laser [cordless] mouski is the best mouse in the whole world.

I have used the crap out of him so much so that the silver paint is wearing off where you click. but he still works just as good as the day I bought him.

balls were made for bouncing / hanging... not rolling. lol.

KITH

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
A trackball has the ability for finer control as it is moved by a finger and not the whole arm. It is also easier on the elbow as once again you are moving just a finger.

I use a trackball with the ball by the thumb. It seems to be the best way to go. Unfortunately, manufacturers haven't come out with a new trackball with this design in like a decade so no high performance (high dpi) trackballs are available. Still like it for games but is makes precision aiming difficult.

G

mx 500 at 1000 hz ftw!!!

So smooth... can literally twitch and make my mouse go exactly where i want it...

HUGE improvement over my previous g7 mouse

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]bf2gameplaya[/nom]Try using a trackball instead of a mouse, make sure it fits your hand and give it more than 3 minutes of use before you decide.You might oh yeah? I used one for 1-2 years,and I didn't have a problem with it...never want to use a mouse again, for good reason.[/citation]

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]bf2gameplaya[/nom]Try using a trackball instead of a mouse, make sure it fits your hand and give it more than 3 minutes of use before you decide.You might never want to use a mouse again, for good reason.[/citation]
I still miss my trackball even though it was more that 4 years ago :(

It was an A4Tech, WWT-13. Not only was it comfortable and quite fast (to use), but also the two scroll/wheel (with the help of its bundled software) allowed me to scroll vertically and horizontally, and w/o having to activate the object/window (w/c added to the fast experience). Unfortunately, the frequency of cleaning its internals and the spread of relatively cheap optical/led mouse forced me to abandon it. I still can do the the vertical/horizontal scroll combo, though: I made a program to generate/replace vertical scroll messages w/ horizontal scroll messages (and send the message to the object/window where the pointer hovers, w/o activating it :) )

G

Yeah, this also means Logitech is on the way to being a major polluter. We have to assume that all of these billion mice are not still in use. Many are presumably outdated and replaced with newer mice, as things like scroll wheels, optical mice, etc., where introduced over the years. So what's happened to the mice that people don't use anymore? Does Logitech have a program to collect them? Or are they just going into landfill, with all the toxic bits generally associated with electronics? Mice must really be up there with cell phone chargers as one of the ubiquitous devices people that people end up with piles of and which are a hidden environmental disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.