Question Logitech Streamcam 1080p & 60fps not working properly

Apr 3, 2021
Good evening everybody,
today I've received my "Logitech Streamcam" as I wanted to have a webcam that is capable of recording in 1080p and 60fps. After I've plugged the webcam into my motherboard's USB-C port and installed the Logitech Capture software I enabled the 1080p and 60fps setting in the program.
For about 1 minute I was able to get a preview of my webcam and everything was working fine. After a minute passed, the preview was starting to get more laggy until windows notified me with following message:

"- Not enough USB-Controller ressources - The Controller has not enough ressources to power this device"

As soon as I received the notification I wasn't able to set the webcam's resolution to 1080p anymore and it only supported 720p and also not 60fps. If I set the resolution and fps in Nvidia's Broadcast program directly to 1080p and 60fps I instantly receive the notification and my webcam works again only in 720p.
Is there perhaps anything wrong with my USB-C port? The odd thing is that I didn't come across this type of problem with my Oculus Quest 2 connected to the same USB-C port. Therefore I am not sure what the possible reason for the problem could be. Maybe someone had similiar issue or got any advice on how I could possibly fix this problem? :)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080
PSU: 1000 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 (Bought it new in 2020)
Connected USB devices: 7

best regards

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

How many other USB devices are connected?

Will the camera work if plugged into an independently powered USB hub?

Manually download the Logitech Capture software and/or camera drivers via Logitech's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

If that does not make any difference try the webcam on another known working computer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts