Logitech Tackles Wireless Gaming Mouse And Keyboard At ‘Lightspeed’

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Batteries really, they could have created a rechargeable system where the mouse/keyboard can be used wired or wireless. When in wired mode the batteries recharge. Maybe when you are gaming you don't want wires, but there has to be other times when you are not gaming that having wires wont inconvenience you.

TadashiTG

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
The G703 is an updated G403 Wireless as it has both PowerPlay and LightSpeed instead of only LightSpeed. While the G603 is a variation of the G403 that has removable batteries instead of built in one, the G403 Wireless has no Bluetooth, no "HERO" sensor and no low pulling rate mode. Get your facts right before writing an "article".

AANIMEMANIA For what you ask there's already the G403 Wireless, but it lacks Bluetooth connectivity.

The G603 has an incredible battery life, I like it.

stewartwb

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Does the new LightSpeed wireless tech include the ability to add and remove devices from a single LightSpeed dongle? I find the Logitech Unifying technology in their standard mice indispensible - so much better than factory-paired or typical bluetooth connectivity.

"the company said that if the keyboard was backlit, the battery life would have been cut down from a year and half to about 40 hours the company said that if the keyboard was backlit, the battery life would have been cut down from a year and half to about 40 hours"

Yeah that's a deal breaker. They should give the consumer the option to turn it on or off for battery life similar to a laptop with a backlit keyboard. I'd love to have a full size BT wireless keyboard for my PS4 and since I do a lot of gaming at night, and being backlit is a must. I currently use a wired Logitech G105 with two USB extension cables that sometimes disconnect in the middle when I move around on the couch. It's a real PITA but there are no backlit Bluetooth keyboards full sized that I'm aware of right now.

markfanter1

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Logitech, imo, provides terrible mouses and keyboards in the first place.

I've had issues with Logitech keyboards and mouses in so many places - my workplace uses them and they always disconnect for a few seconds and reconnect, sometimes they are unresponsive completely.

When I used to hardcore game they would ruin my games through disconnecting - silly me thought it's not the keyboard, but the computer or something - except it also happened with every other system I tested them with.

I stupidly thought they're just broken - so I bought brand new ones, again from logitech - same issues! Apparently logitech doesn't like USB 3.0 as well(though they didn't work w/ 2 either!)

I finally bought from a diff company and it works great.

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I love all the Logitech mice I've ever used. I've tried other company's offerings but I enjoy the feel of Logitech, they function well and fit my hand the best.

Logitech keyboards on the other hand, some have been good, most have been meh. I went with a Razer mecha-membrane keyboard and my hands and wrists thank me for that. I was using a G510s prior to my Ornata, and the keys were pretty stiff and rough on my joints. Other Logitech keyboards feel fine enough. I've used a few wired and a few wireless solutions from each, and over all they were ok. I used to think they were great but I've been enlightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS