Logitech unifying receiver with keyboard/mouse - lagging devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Hello everyone

I seem to have stumbled upon a strange problem that I can't seem to find any info about.

Whenever i plug my logitech unifying receiver in one of my pc's it installs 11 or 12 items through windows, it also takes a couple of minits.
Sadly enough, the mouse and keyboard respond poorly, while moving the mouse there is a very noticeable hang every couple of cm.

I have tried about every single usb port, 2.0 and 3.0, front and back ports. They all act the same.

I have gone to a wired mouse for the time being, as it has no problem at all. Duo to the recent investment of the logitech combo i'd kind of like for it to work.
The lag on the keyboard is present, but not as bad as the mouse.
Wired mouse: some hp stock model, a logilink ergonomic mouse.
Wireless combo: logitech MK520 but i exchanged the mouse with a logitech marathon m705.

I was using the receiver from the m705 but it didn't send the battery life to the computer, when i swapped to the one from the mk520 set it dit.

The mouse and keyboard work on other computers as expected.

Pc in question
Case: cooler master elite 130
PSU: OCZ 650W
MOBO: asrock z77e-itx
CPU: I7-2600
RAM: 2x 8 GB kingston hyperx black DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD6950
SSD: samsung 850 evo

NEW INFO
I tried the solutions below, other USB ports, extension cord, reinstalling the software. Nothing worked.
In the meantime i've updated this pc to windows 10, the issue persists. (fully formatted and started fresh on windows 10)

What i did notice is that it happens with every logitech device, be it keyboard or mouse, wired or wireless.
HP stock mouse works perfectly, some other brands i have do aswell (logilink or something like that) aswell as roccat.

New ideas will be greatly appreciated as always, otherwise i might just buy another brand of mouse and keyboard.

Thanks in advance
Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.