Logitech Unveils G933, G633 Gaming Headsets With 'DTS: Headphone X' Surround Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
It is designs like these that makes me move from Logitech to SteelSeries. I Love my G700 mouse (my, by now, last Logitech product), and sincerely hope that if a G702 comes around, it will NOT look like nighter a spaceship or a racing car!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I got my G930s for $120, I believe. The audio cuts out every 5 minutes or so for 5 seconds, it's annoying. I can't see spending $200 on a new Logitech headset, unless there's confirmation that it will work on consoles as well.

There's not much more you can do to a 2-speaker virtual 7.1 DTS surround headset (5.1 or 7.1 with only two speakers is about the same - you're still never quite sure if the sound is from in front or behind you) but add lights to the earcups.

I'd be willing to bet a G35 well under $100 sounds about the same.

Fabel

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
Great, if those are like my G930 and my G35 the cushioning will peel off and the plastics will crackle and break even in handled with care.

Oh and with last driver the G930 will shut off every 15 minutes for no reason.

Spazzy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I got my G930s for $120, I believe. The audio cuts out every 5 minutes or so for 5 seconds, it's annoying. I can't see spending $200 on a new Logitech headset, unless there's confirmation that it will work on consoles as well.

I had this issue as well. To solve it, move your wifi router further away from you (Your router uses the same frequency). Ditch the Logitech extension cable, it is too long causing voltage loss. Use a short extension cable and put it on your desk somewhere in front of you. This resolved the issue for me. My son uses the same headphones in the same office with me. There is no issue with interference between the two units. Neither unit suffers from disconnects as I applied the above fixes when I got him his pair.

Vulcann

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
These are a little too "futuristic" for my taste, I have a pair of 930's I bought for $99 2 years ago and they still work great. The only issue I have is the hinky software that craps out for no reason every now and then and you lose the hot key (great for using ptt when moving around the house) and volume control. Range is a plus I usually get 25-30' in my house even with walls.

My headphones have survived multiple international flights in checked bags, numerous road trips and general gaming abuse. I JUST had an issue with the cushions peeling on one ear cup but seeing as the aforementioned abuse and daily use I think that's normal wear and tear.

If you like the look and they are equal quality tot he 930's I would suggest buying them over the creative and corsair options which both broke inside 6 months for me.

chrissy4605

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
I have two sets of head phones, the SONY MDR -V6. The are a closed style headset while my other set, Sennheiser HD 590 open style headset. I will be using these to compare to the new G933 Gaming Headset. Being an Audiophile I love the clarity of the two cans I have. That and my Corsair 2.1 desktop Stereo speakers give me sound unspoiled by mere PC Speakers. When I plug either of my cans into the 3.5 mm jack I hear the music the way it is supposed to be heard.

john181818

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I had also had the issue with the G930 and replaced them with SteelSeries. I also had a Logitech G19 gaming keyboard which had painted-on WASD keys that wore off soon after warranty expired. They would not even sell me new keys for a $150.00 keyboard. I complained up the food chain to no avail. So be it. I have voted with my feet except for my mouse business. They may keep that, but I am not sure of that.

So to bring this back to the topic, there is no way I would pay that kind of money for a Logitech product based on the problems I have had with them over the past 2-3 years.

as a long time owner of the g930 i can say with some certainty there pretty much 1 of the worst headsets you can buy.
not because they sound bad, they dont but the build quality is shockingly bad.
i had my first headset replaced after 2 years when the bracket holding the earcup cracked which was cool. but the replacement had the same issue as the first in that the ear pad covering disintegrated on both headsets within a few months.
then a few months ago i pulled the mic down and i broke off in my hand. i only ever used my finger and thumb to move it so it looks like it was another design flaw.
neither case was there excessive force used they just broke at stress points around screws.on the ear cup and where the arm meats the pivot on the mic boom.

my next headset will again be wireless but likely to be the steel series h wireless as they seem to have nothing but great reviews. unless i hear that the 933 has outstanding sound quality i wont even be considering them as a replacement for my g930's

Status
Not open for further replies.