Logitech usb2.0 splitter only one usb port is working each time why ?

Chocolade

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
I have a logitech usb2.0 you can see what i mean how it looks like here: https://www.google.co.il/search?q=logitech+usb2.0&espv=2&biw=1097&bih=559&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIoIiqkq7qyAIVw6YOCh0f8gPp

It have 4 usb inputs one mini usb input and one small power input.
I used a cable mini usb to the pc so now the splitter is activated it have power.

Now when i connect one usb to it for example my smartphone it's working fine i see my smartphone detected on the pc. But then if i connected to it another usb like a mouse then the mouse will work now but not the smartphone. The usb input the smartphone is connected to it's power off and the mouse one is on.

Each time only one usb port on this splitter is working.

Is there any way to make that two usb ports will work together ?
If not then where is the splitting here ? I can switch on my own each time the usb hardwares i connect. The problem is that i need more then one usb to use at the same time and on my pc only one usb port is working the others damaged.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your post and the first answer probably contain the clues. You say the hub has a power input port, so I assume it also came with a power supply module or "wall wart". BUT you do NOT say that you actually connected that power supply to the hub. The fact that one green light comes on when you connect via the small USB port to your computer does NOT mean it has power - it means only that the computer and hub can communicate. Without the additional power supply, that hub does NOT have enough power to work with more than one USB client at a time.

Plug in the included power supply module and the hub should be able to handle 4 USB devices at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS