Logitech vs Koss

mrabduz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hi all,

I have been looking for a cheap headset to suffice my needs. I shortlisted to two headsets.
One is the KOSS SB-45, while the other headset is the Logitech G230. Both headsets have good reviews and look amazing. I don't know which one to pick though. Any input would be appreciated.

emdea22

Distinguished
as good as logitech are with mouse and keyboards they suck at audio. If i had to choose from those 2 i'd get the Koss ones.

However if you want something of high quality you should look away from PC headphones or Gaming headphones and look for more specialized companies like Sennheiser, Sony, Philips just to name a few. I'm not talking profesional grade here just people that are veterans in audio. I've had a pair of philips headphones for 6 years and work flawlessly, although their build quality is not as it once was they still make them better than gaming crap. Just get the ones that don't have features like VOIP, gaming mode, enhanced surround etc

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

What makes you think he isn't looking for a gaming headset? Personaly I would say try the Creative Sound Blaster head sets. They sound great for movies, music, and gaming. I now have the Roccat Kave true 5.1 headsets and love them.

emdea22

Distinguished
Creative!?!?! Their stuff is so crappy its not even funny. Gaming headsets are crap, they are marketed to people who want distorted sound with lots of bass and have low durability as companies assume gamers have money to buy a new one every year. If you want microphone get a DJ headset with a mic and enjoy true audio.

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

You seem to be ignoring the answer to the OP. He specifically said "cheap". I am giving him another opinion while you are just yapping about audiophile stuff.