Logitech wireless mice genuine or fake

trex042

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hi,

I have just purchased a logitech m235 mice from a website. How can I check that the mice is genuine or fake? The seller of the mice has some negative feedbacks that's why I want to check it. Is there a way of telling that without taking it to the service centre?

Thank you.

Solution
since it is a unifying mouse, i think there is a difference

the serial numbers well, i think it is a cheap refurbished or a mouse used for testing on it was on a store, so they packaged and sold it so the box and the mouse does not match

if them ouse and the nano receiver are both unifying capable i don't see this as a problem

it is in the end your decision, i wouldn't bother on those details if it was really cheap, if it wans't that cheap, well, as i said, you decide

trex042

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
The mice looks ok, quality is alright I guess. But when I click the left or right button it makes noises like a cheap mice. The seller had some negative reviews claiming that the mice is fake but they are very few, most of them are positive reviews and the seller was selling the mice at a discount, that's why I bought it.
So is there any other way?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
when installed, windows does detect it with a specific name like the 235 it is or just a hid or a generic name of mouse?

did it came with a nano usb receiver with the logitech name written, being a black and silver adapter? in the silver metallic part is there any labeling or names?

Genuine-Mini-Unifying-USB-font-b-Receiver-b-font-Dongle-for-font-b-Logitech-b-font.jpg

does it have that orange logo?

under the mouse, is there space for the nano receiver?

being a normal logitech model is very unlikely to be a cheap imitation

this one

http://www.logitech.com/es-es/product/wireless-mouse-m235-2nd-gen

i can get it at 15 dollars on a store, so i doubt anyone would bother making one fake, not impossible, just unlikely

the noise form the buttons, all my logitech mouses do it, i have bought last week a mk235 combo, i already had one, also a mk230 combo and another combo but wired, all of the makes noises, the problem is when the wheel does noises, i don't like that mouse

trex042

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011

No the windows does not detect it with a specific name, just a HID.
Yes it has a nono receiver(silver), in the metalic part the following lines are written-
"S/N:LZ.........
M/N:C-U........
Made in China
CNC ID:C-8...."
Yes it has the orange logo and it also have space for nano receiver at the bottom.

I also have a logitech mk320 combo, that mice makes much less noise than the m235.

Does the Windows(7 Ultimate) should have detected the mice with a specific name like logitech m235 or just HID?

The Serial Number(S/N) at the bottom of the Mice does not match the Serial Number at the package of the mice. Last few digits does not match.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
since it is a unifying mouse, i think there is a difference

the serial numbers well, i think it is a cheap refurbished or a mouse used for testing on it was on a store, so they packaged and sold it so the box and the mouse does not match

if them ouse and the nano receiver are both unifying capable i don't see this as a problem

it is in the end your decision, i wouldn't bother on those details if it was really cheap, if it wans't that cheap, well, as i said, you decide

Solution