[SOLVED] Logitech Z623 WITH 2 SUBS ONE SUBS AMP IS KAPUT

Andi_4

Reputable
Aug 27, 2016
2 Z623 systems from Logitech one sub stopped working so bought another sub in sub box. Can i use the old sub and wire them together as the subs are fine, just the amp went for 1. Not sure on the ohms could be 8. Will it work? The Z623 systems are all well and good when working, it does get loud but the amps are crap. Have i just answered my own question will i pop another amp?

Solution
In general...if you wire the subs in series...you don't risk hurting the amp.

If you wire them in parallel you do.

Although, when you wire them in series...each sub will probably be less loud than if you had one hooked up....but both together....it's hard to say if both would be louder than just the one.

Although, when you wire them in series...each sub will probably be less loud than if you had one hooked up....but both together....it's hard to say if both would be louder than just the one.

Solution

Andi_4

Reputable
Aug 27, 2016

Jay finally got an adapter what i was waiting for then i wired up the subs directly from the powered sub to non powered. Drilled a small hole in both sub boxes in top corner and fed wires through, then took subs out and wired them up. The results are excellent, both subs work fine. I took grills off and watched them both bounce to the bass rythym. Im a very happy chappy at the moment as i though id be stuck with a sub. I do have another sub in sub box upstairs so shall i wire that one up also.