Question Logitech Z906 speakers make popping sound at high volume ?

Mar 27, 2022
I have had my Logitech Z906 speakers for almost 3 years, they work perfectly fine but recently when playing music loud at half volume with bass, the speakers start making popping sound continuously. If i turn the bass all the way down so the speakers play loud without any bass they do not make popping sound. Any solution to this?

I have had my Logitech Z906 speakers for almost 3 years, they work perfectly fine but recently when playing music loud at half volume with bass, the speakers start making popping sound continuously. If i turn the bass all the way down so the speakers play loud without any bass they do not make popping sound. Any solution to this?
Does the popping come from all of the speakers or just the subwoofer? Is it possible to temporarily turn the subwoofer off while you test higher sound volume? If its all the speakers that would suggest its a problem with the electronics in the system; if its just the subwoofer that suggests that the coil in the center of the woofer is damaged. Which ever one it is you're probably looking at a replacement.

Mar 27, 2022
Does the popping come from all of the speakers or just the subwoofer? Is it possible to temporarily turn the subwoofer off while you test higher sound volume? If its all the speakers that would suggest its a problem with the electronics in the system; if its just the subwoofer that suggests that the coil in the center of the woofer is damaged. Which ever one it is you're probably looking at a replacement.
From the front speakers only, if i turn the bass down then when playing at higher volumes the popping disappears

Reactions: dwd999
From the front speakers only, if i turn the bass down then when playing at higher volumes the popping disappears
Random final thought: if you open the Control Panel Sound app, in the Properties settings for the speakers, is there a check box for where the bass comes from e.g. from the front speakers and is it UNchecked so that the system knows that all bass is to be sent to the subwoofer.

Mar 27, 2022
Random final thought: if you open the Control Panel Sound app, in the Properties settings for the speakers, is there a check box for where the bass comes from e.g. from the front speakers and is it UNchecked so that the system knows that all bass is to be sent to the subwoofer.
This doesnt happen with pc it also happens with other sources

Reactions: dwd999

TRENDING THREADS