[SOLVED] Logitech Z906 Subwoofer - Busted Speakers Ports?

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
EDIT

A new set of z906's is on sale, I'm just gonna splurge and order them. Pretty sure my subwoofer just died after 9 years of use. I'll keep the satellite speakers as spares. Sorry for wasting anybody's time with this thread lol, a mod/admin can feel free to delete it.

EDIT

I was getting static out of my centre speaker (in the 5.1 array), so I fiddled with it a bit and it eventually got worse. When doing the 5.1 test, the Front L+R and centre produce static where-as the rear speakers are perfectly fine. After a bunch of troubleshooting, I discovered it's not the wires and it's not the speakers themselves - it's related to the port on the back. If I plug the centre speaker into the rear left port, it works (playing rear left audio). But using the bottom 3 ports (FL FR C), static. Prob important to note I'm also getting zero sound out of the subwoofer as well (which everything plugs into)

I've had these speakers for 9-10 years so there's no warranty lol. Is there anything I'm missing, something I could try or is it busted? Is there a place I could order a replacement subwoofer? Should I go the full mile and replace the setup entirely - if so, any recommendations??

Last edited: