Logon Banner

Lance

Hi All,

I am having a problem implementing a logon banner via Group Policy in
a Windows 2000 AD environment. I used the Domain Security Policy
snap-in which I believe is tied into the Default Domain Policy to set
up the text. I get the banner when I log onto the DC but not on a
client logging onto the domain.

Did I miss something? Do I need to do something to edit the registry
on the clients? I thought the Group Policy would do that.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Lance

It sounds like you edited the Domain Controller Security Policy instead of
the Domain Security Policy. Instead, try opening AD Users and Computers,
right-click the Domain, select Properties, Group Policy Tab, Default Domain
Policy, Edit, Windows Settings, Security Settings ...

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"lance" <jlance1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am having a problem implementing a logon banner via Group Policy in
> a Windows 2000 AD environment. I used the Domain Security Policy
> snap-in which I believe is tied into the Default Domain Policy to set
> up the text. I get the banner when I log onto the DC but not on a
> client logging onto the domain.
>
> Did I miss something? Do I need to do something to edit the registry
> on the clients? I thought the Group Policy would do that.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lance

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

What I did was go to Start...Programs...Administrative Tools...Domain
Security Policy. In this snap-in I went to Security Settings...Local
Policies...Security Options...Message text for users attempting to log
on. This is where I entered the text for the banner. I thought this
would pop up on each workstation when they hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete to
log on. Am I going about this all wrong. Should I be deploying a reg
file to all the users?

Thanks Again.