Logon script not working

Fran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

I'm running a Windows 2003 server, Active Directory and Windows XP pro
client workstations. I create an OU (Accounting Users) and I wrote a
simple batch file to map network drives using NET USE.

I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
%sysvol%[...etc] folder.

When the users logon other elements of the GPO seem to be working but
the logon script does not map the drives.

What am I missing here?

-Fran-

Hi,

Fran schrieb:
> I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
> logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
> %sysvol%[...etc] folder.

The Path is ...\{GUID of GPO}\USER\Scripts?
You only have to set the name of the script, the path
is "predifined".

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

Fran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

I have copied the file (script) into the path but still it does not
run as I have no mapped drives under this user account.

>Hi,
>
>Fran schrieb:
>> I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
>> logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
>> %sysvol%[...etc] folder.
>
>The Path is ...\{GUID of GPO}\USER\Scripts?
>You only have to set the name of the script, the path
>is "predifined".
>
>Mark

I usually put those scripts in the folder that'll pop up automagically when
you click "Show files" button. That might solve your problem.

HTH

Ken

<Fran> wrote in message news:16vgg11ael2qd8fam61vbq7h26ss21qcs7@4ax.com...
>I have copied the file (script) into the path but still it does not
> run as I have no mapped drives under this user account.
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Fran schrieb:
>>> I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
>>> logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
>>> %sysvol%[...etc] folder.
>>
>>The Path is ...\{GUID of GPO}\USER\Scripts?
>>You only have to set the name of the script, the path
>>is "predifined".
>>
>>Mark

Fran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

Yes, this is what I did. I have a folder named "Scripts" that I put
all of my .vbs or .bat files into as I work on them. When I link one
to a GPO I click on the "View Files" button and copy and paste from
scripts to this "View Files" folder for the GPO. But still it doesn't
seem to run.

I did run the RSoP on the GPO and it doesn't even show that there is a
script to be run in the startup but I can manually verify that it is
there.

-Fran-

Fran schrieb:
> I did run the RSoP on the GPO and it doesn't even show that there is a
> script to be run in the startup but I can manually verify that it is
> there.

Did you work with DSACls filter on the GPO?
Replication Problems?
Is the user inside the OU?
Does it work manully as thi user?

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

I am setting a computer policy and the computers are in there own OU.