logon using Wireless/WiFI

Till now I first must logon to the Windows domain or locally before
being able to connect to the WiFi netwerk. Hence since the was no
network at logon, I loading profiles and other setting from a roaming
profile is not possible and a local profile is loaded.

This is a reverse situation. I should be able to connect to the WiFi
netwerk first and logon to the Windows domain using the standard login
procedure. This way it would be like if I were connected through a
wired connection.

Is there a way to set-up the desired situation? All hints are most
welcome.

FYI: I have a Dell Latitude D800 using the build-in Intel Centrino
2100A wireless network miniPCI adapter. The Intel ProSet software is
loaded. WiFI network is Cisco using LEAP to authenicate and encrypt
traffic. All this works fine in the non-desired situation.

http://tinyurl.com/3pe6c

required reading ;)

In short: your wlan doesn't activate until -after- user logon, hence
no roaming profiles, drivemappings, policies & stuff.

If your budget, knowledge and infrastructure permits: go for machine
(computer) based certificates, 802.1x EAP-TLS and Radius.

--
eth0