Question LogonUl.exe set as Welcome Screen Interface

Apr 30, 2019
[I asked the same question on Microsoft support, but they completely ignored what things I can't do with my computer.]

My problems started yesterday when I tried to open Sims 4 on Origin (2 days ago, everything was working fine). I got a lot of notifications about broken mods I need to delete for the game to work. This is what I tried to do all day:

-repairing the game (I think here I got a notification about my video card and I don't remember what was that)
-reset pc (without deleting files)
-The computer is connecting automatically to basic wi-fi and I can't change it by clicking the "wi-fi" icon on the right bottom of the screen. (I can set different network manually in settings but this is just annoying.)
-I have a USB adapter for wifi and Bluetooth and I don't think it's faulty, otherwise, I couldn't connect to the network at all.
-After the windows logo (when opening the computer) I only have a command prompt (C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogonUl.exe)
-I disabled graphic card adapter in safe mode and after restarting I enabled and updated it. I don't know if I did it correctly because after I turned off the safe boot and restarting, the display looked like in the safe mode but I had my wallpaper.
-Tried resetting pc again.

Things I can't do:
  • Access to Advanced Startup Options
  • My DVD drive won't open and Windows is not recognizing it (problem with it began after I bought the computer last year in September)
  • Restore the system to a point before the problem began.
  • I don't have another computer to back up my files.
I want to just be able to log in normally and choose other networks when I click on the wi-fi icon.
And it would be awesome if I didn't have to do a hard reset, because I don't have another computer to move my files on, another driver, pen drive, etc.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
So when you start PC it just shows this?
After the windows logo (when opening the computer) I only have a command prompt (C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogonUl.exe)

Or can you get to desktop now?

Sounds like the reset didn't work right?

Can you get someone to make you a win 10 installer?? it will be a useful boot drive if nothing else
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

the installer gives access to adv startup and ways to get to files on pc

Is this a custom PC or a Brand name? If custom, do you have a list of parts? If Brand name, what make/model?