Question LOL

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, my pc is acting weirdly lately my favorite games are league of legends and cs go, cs go performs as it should no lags or stuttering 48ping average but league of legends is stuttering my ping averages 52 on league average fps is 130 the first minute its all good but after the first minute or so its starts stutering even though fps and ping are normal idk what to do

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.
prebuilt dell pc optiplex 7010 dt .cpu i5 3470s. rx 550 4gb oc low profile. psu .dell 250w. windows 10. 500gb ssd temps dont go above 48c on the gpu and 45c on the cpu. so its not thermal throtling ram is 8gb ddr3 dual channel.

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
Is that 250 watt Dell PSU the original?

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the times that problems are occurring.
it says on the psu SHALL NOT EXCEED 90w so maybe its not providing enough power, but only league f legends is stutering only league other games are fine its freshly installed so its something in my pc i also checked for corrupted files but the game says there arent any

Ralston18

Titan
Instead of ping use tracert.

Target both gaming sites and compare the results.

==========

LOL freshly installed or the GPU?

GPU minimum recommended PSU wattage is 400 watts.

Could be that LOL is just at some threshold level of power demand where the PSU cannot keep up.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (only one at at time) to observe system performance while playing CS GO and then LOL.

You may note some difference(s) that correspond with the lags and stuttering.

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020

==========

Could be that LOL is just at some threshold level of power demand where the PSU cannot keep up.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (only one at at time) to observe system performance while playing CS GO and then LOL.

well i reinstalled league today and still have the same problem i installed gpu in november 2019

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020

==========

or should i just get a atx case psu and a full size gpu? bcs i also want to play warzone aswell but i cant rightnow bcs of my gpu so maybe a be quiet 500w psu and a rx 570 ? or a 5500xt? bcs right now in my country right now the 5500xt is cheaper than the 570 for some reason

you're joking right? i literally said gpu temps dont go above 48 and cpu doesn't go above 45

Oops. Missed the post right before mine.
If you are looking towards more graphics intensive games in the future you'll definitely need a new PSU.

Moving OEM components into an aftermarket case is always a pain. From I/O shields that don't fit, to front panel power/reset switches, LEDs, and USB ports that won't work. It's usually more trouble than it's worth. You may not be able to find an upgrade power supply for that case either. What's your budget?

Ralston18

Titan
Just remember that the lagging etc. may not be on your end. If possible play and test at different times of the day.

Other thoughts:

First:

"right now the 5500xt is cheaper than the 570 for some reason "

How much cheaper? Be careful about counterfeit products.....

Second:

Take a careful, detailed look at the hardware and software requirements for the games that you are playing. Verify that what you have and what you are considering to buy are up to game requirements and hopefully even exceed those game requirements.

Third:

PSU.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Use the recommended power calculators.

Fourth:

Remember tracert and pathping. Again test at different times.

The reason/source for the lags may not be within your control.

Overall objective being to identify the source cause or reason for the performance problem.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Just remember that the lagging etc. may not be on your end. If possible play and test at different times of the day.

Other thoughts:

First:

Second:

Take a careful, detailed look at the hardware and software requirements for the games that you are playing. Verify that what you have and what you are considering to buy are up to game requirements and hopefully even exceed those game requirements.

Third:

PSU.

Fourth:

Overall objective being to identify the source cause or reason for the performance problem.
Listen to Raiston18 and don't be aggressive please. Also it is not approiate to put "LOL" as your thread name. You could put a more descriptive thread name like. My LOL or my games or PC is under performing or not giving me fast FPS. Im not trying to attack you but a simple LOL is not going to get enough views for people to help and you should appreciate the chap who said overheating instead of attacking him. Also appreciate Raiston18 is even readint this thread and helping you. He knows his stuff so trust him and trust most of us as we are here only to help you.TLDR ✝🎗🤷‍♀️🖐🙈

Each game engine is different and LOL is simply not helping the cause with a crummy PSU. There are two things you can try before replacing your PSU. Grab DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and choose nVidia and do a clean and restart. Then in normal mode install the latest nvidia graphics drivers. Then uninstall LOL and install it again and apply the latest patches. Also your ping is high but ping just causes game lag and not stuttering. The stuttering is causedd by very low frame rates and the lack of SSD or lack of enough RAM. So do the steps as I said and if your still in a hole then you must grab a new PSU my friend. Good Luck. 🤷‍♀️🎗✝💯

Reactions: ceriumin

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020

Other thoughts:

First:

Second:

Third:

PSU.

Fourth:

its about 30-50 euros cheaper and its not counterfeit its from a very reputable brand in my country (the seller) and the model i was looking at was msi rx 5500xt mech 8gb

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
You might be able to carry over the CPU, cooler, RAM, and storage drives from your Optiplex if you get a compatible motherboard, but everything else will likely be useless.
ill use a quieter cpu cooler ill use the same mobo cpu ssd and ram from my old pc ik its a propreitery mobo so ill somehow fix my current powerbutton to the new case

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020

Other thoughts:

First:

Second:

Third:

PSU.

Fourth:

well league of legends servers are also ****

[Moderator edit to remove profanity. Remember that this is a family friendly forum.]

i have a friend with a 10600k and gtx 1080 and his game is still chugging like mine even though he has a fairly high end pc

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020

Other thoughts:

First:

Second:

Third:

PSU.

Fourth:

ill need also plenty of fan splitters since a 5500xt can get pretty hot https://www.1a.lv/p/msi-radeon-rx-5500-xt-mech-oc-4gb-gddr6-pci-rx5500xtmech4goc/7yet my planned gpu
https://www.1a.lv/p/be-quiet-system-power-9-600w/pdi the psu

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread.
so i have a really odd issue my favorite gameleague of legends is lagging and chugging even though my pc far exceeds lol system req i3 3240 rx 550 4gb 8gb ram average fps is 121 on low settings 1080p avearge ping is 52

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
i think my internet is the problem at the last place i lived i never saw a problem like this it just apeared after i moved houses and didnt have fiber optic wifi anymore the stutering is periodical and its only in the evening