London rgrn (possible change of date)

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

The canonical date for the next London rgrn would be Saturday 26
March. However, this is Easter Saturday, and while this is not a
problem for me, it might be for some people. So we could meet on the
2 April, but this would be inconvenient for me as I'll be away from
Cambridge at the time, or on 19 March if that isn't considered too
early.

Please could anyone who plans to attend post to let me know which of
these dates they can make?
Eva.

--
Eva Myers, Computer Officer, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge
Email: erm1001@cam.ac.uk WWW: http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/
Ignorance and deception can't save anybody. *Knowing* saves them.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Eva Myers <erm1001@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>Please could anyone who plans to attend post to let me know which of
>these dates they can make?

I can make any one of 19/03, 26/03, and 02/04 without difficulty, with a
preference for either of 19/03 or 02/04 instead of 26/03.
--
Martin Read - my opinions are my own. share them if you wish.
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.html
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

begin quoting Eva Myers <erm1001@cam.ac.uk>:
>The canonical date for the next London rgrn would be Saturday 26
>March. However, this is Easter Saturday, and while this is not a
>problem for me, it might be for some people. So we could meet on the
>2 April, but this would be inconvenient for me as I'll be away from
>Cambridge at the time, or on 19 March if that isn't considered too
>early.

I have no preference; all 3 dates are equally convenient.
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Chedday, February.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Eva Myers <erm1001@cam.ac.uk> writes:
> The canonical date for the next London rgrn would be Saturday 26
> March. However, this is Easter Saturday, and while this is not a
> problem for me, it might be for some people. So we could meet on the
> 2 April, but this would be inconvenient for me as I'll be away from
> Cambridge at the time, or on 19 March if that isn't considered too
> early.
>
> Please could anyone who plans to attend post to let me know which of
> these dates they can make?

2005-03-19 or 2005-03-26 work for me; I wouldn't be able to make
2005-04-02.

--
: Dylan O'Donnell http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/ :
: "You boil it in sawdust: you salt it in glue: / You condense it with :
: locusts and tape: / Still keeping one principal object in view -- / :
: To preserve its symmetrical shape." [ Lewis Carroll, "THotS" ] :
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Eva Myers <erm1001@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> The canonical date for the next London rgrn would be Saturday 26
> March. However, this is Easter Saturday, and while this is not a
> problem for me, it might be for some people. So we could meet on the
> 2 April, but this would be inconvenient for me as I'll be away from
> Cambridge at the time, or on 19 March if that isn't considered too
> early.

Saturday 19 March seems convenient for everyone, so we'll meet then,
at 14:00 at the Oakdale Arms
(http://www.individualpubs.co.uk/oakdale/) for the usual food, drink
and #chatting about Nethack and related topics. Look for people who
are either wearing Nethack T-shirts, or just looking generally
geek-like.
Eva.

--
Eva Myers, Computer Officer, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge
Email: erm1001@cam.ac.uk WWW: http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/
Ignorance and deception can't save anybody. *Knowing* saves them.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Eva Myers <erm1001@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Saturday 19 March seems convenient for everyone, so we'll meet then,
> at 14:00 at the Oakdale Arms
> (http://www.individualpubs.co.uk/oakdale/) for the usual food, drink
> and #chatting about Nethack and related topics. Look for people who
> are either wearing Nethack T-shirts, or just looking generally
> geek-like.

This is a reminder about London rgrn tomorrow.
Eva.

--
Eva Myers, Computer Officer, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge
Email: erm1001@cam.ac.uk WWW: http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/
Ignorance and deception can't save anybody. *Knowing* saves them.