[SOLVED] Long boot time on the gigabyte b450m

firesonicx99

Prominent
Mar 28, 2018
I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu to the Gigabyte B450M DS3H and Ryzen 5 2600 and after I upgraded there was a problem where when i started up the pc the screen would turn on and off and after a while it would go to the screen where you can choose to go to the bios settings and then the screen turns on and off again multiple times and then finally to the windows loading screen. I tried disabling csm support in the bios and it did fix the issue but it no longer shows the drives connected to the motherboard, so is there any other way to fix this issue without disabling csm support because it is really annoying to have to wait 1-2 minutes for the pc to boot.

Solution
I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu to the Gigabyte B450M DS3H and Ryzen 5 2600 and after I upgraded there was a problem where when i started up the pc the screen would turn on and off and after a while it would go to the screen where you can choose to go to the bios settings and then the screen turns on and off again multiple times and then finally to the windows loading screen. I tried disabling csm support in the bios and it did fix the issue but it no longer shows the drives connected to the motherboard, so is there any other way to fix this issue without disabling csm support because it is really annoying to have to wait 1-2 minutes for the pc to boot.

Assuming you have updated your BIOS to version F50 the following...
Mar 9, 2020

Assuming you have updated your BIOS to version F50 the following steps might help. (you can find the update here : https://www.gigabyte.com/nl/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios )

In the BIOS you need to set:
  • your memory profile to XMP (choose profile 1).
  • Fastboot to fast or ultra.
  • UEFI wherever you can (only set legacy if you are using old hardware and/or operating system)

Also important to know is that when your system is seemingly behaving strange by rebooting several times then don't be alarmed. The Ryzen cpu is probably trying to selfcorrect a wrong setting and will eventually choose a stable one in order to boot.

Another solution might be that you plugged the sata cables in the wrong way.
For example : if i plugin my sata disk in slot-2 and dvd-writer in slot-3 then i experienced the same issue (1-2min load time) you describe. But when i plug them into slot-1 + slot-2 then all problems are solved.

I hope this helps.

Solution

firesonicx99

Prominent
Mar 28, 2018
Assuming you have updated your BIOS to version F50 the following steps might help. (you can find the update here : https://www.gigabyte.com/nl/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios )

In the BIOS you need to set:
  • your memory profile to XMP (choose profile 1).
  • Fastboot to fast or ultra.
  • UEFI wherever you can (only set legacy if you are using old hardware and/or operating system)
Also important to know is that when your system is seemingly behaving strange by rebooting several times then don't be alarmed. The Ryzen cpu is probably trying to selfcorrect a wrong setting and will eventually choose a stable one in order to boot.

Another solution might be that you plugged the sata cables in the wrong way.
For example : if i plugin my sata disk in slot-2 and dvd-writer in slot-3 then i experienced the same issue (1-2min load time) you describe. But when i plug them into slot-1 + slot-2 then all problems are solved.

I hope this helps.
Thank you so much, Updating the bios to F50 fixed the issue and it's now much faster and the other settings helped too