Question Long boot time

Dec 5, 2019
Hi Guys,

I recently built a PC with the following spec and installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on SSD1:
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 16GBx2 3200Mhz C16
  • MoBo: ASUS ROG X570 STRIX-E
  • Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon RX5700 XT
  • SSD1: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
  • SSD2: Crucial MX500 1TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM750
Honestly, I was expecting a boot period of 4 to 5 seconds. but currently, it is almost 30 seconds. I updated most of the drivers, updated BIOS, changed POST delay in BIOS to 0 seconds; still no change. I am attaching the boot video with this post.

Kindly provide your valuable comments. Thanks in advance.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The issue is your POST cycle, not the OS boot up. You can see from the debug LEDs on your motherboard it's cycling through the various component checks.
This would likely be a BIOS configuration issue so I'd just check the following:
  • Is BIOS set to default settings?
  • Do you have any adapters you are using? These have to initialise
  • Do you have any settings in the BIOS set to perform individual tests in boot up?
  • Are you running XMP on your RAM? This can slow down POST as it configures on boot.
All in all, it is just doing it's POST checks it would appear. I also find this is a little more common on the ASUS X570 boards from my current experience.

Dec 5, 2019
hi PC Tailor,

I did notice the debug LEDs and was thinking that was normal.
  • most of them are (I enabled the CPU virtualization and stuffs like that)
  • No other adaptors (since my motherboard supports WIFI, I have connected the WiFi antenna to the motherboard and as usual the keyboard and mouse)
  • I haven't done any settings to do the same, if there was any bu default, I'll have to check that
  • No, it was on (3200MHz) by default, and I turned it to 2133MHz (which I believe is the default clock frequency for DDR4 RAMs)
Thank You :)